The Student Room Group

Why do people not wear Sunglasses or Coats?

Weird observation but when it's warm you almost never see anybody wearing sunglasses or a hat. I don't get it, how can you do it without straining your eyes, and why, is it just not fashionable to care about your health, and same with in cold weather when people have t shirts or the thinnest jackets
Reply 1
Cus when i wear sunglasses I look like a fly
Its subjective
Reply 3
I didn't realise there was a rule stating they had to.
Reply 4
I get headaches if I wear sunglasses. Therefore I rarely wear them and is usually only whilst driving for safety.
I think it's important to wear sunglasses on sunny days, but sometimes I just cannot be bothered to pack them. Also, on school days, I don't want to bring them to school in case they get crushed in my bag (exam season = a very heavy backpack).

But when summer's over, my mum starts making me wear coats from like September all the way into March which is really dumb, but anyway, I know that most of my friends don't wear coats because they don't live that far away from school, they take the bus or train, or because they just can't be bothered like everyone else.
I wear sunglasses and have seen lots of people wear them when the weather is nice
Original post by Brocolli123
Weird observation but when it's warm you almost never see anybody wearing sunglasses or a hat. I don't get it, how can you do it without straining your eyes, and why, is it just not fashionable to care about your health, and same with in cold weather when people have t shirts or the thinnest jackets

I have prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses, so it’s annoying having to carry both around with me. It’s easier to just wear my normal glasses anyway and squint. If I’m wearing contact lenses then I’ll put non-prescription sunglasses on my head, but it’s weird to be wearing one pair and have another pair of glasses on your head!

Also if I’ve done my makeup my eyes are my best feature so I don’t really wanna hide them.

I don’t understand the coat thing though unless you’re running between buildings... I’ve always wrapped up!
Original post by Brocolli123

Idk where you are but this is something I've never seen, and I've lived in the north and the south. I personally don't like sunglasses because I can never really find a pair that suits my face. I do have them and if it's super sunny I'll force myself to wear them, but my eyes never feel particularly strained and I never get headaches from being in the sun. As for coats I always wear mine unless it's very warm.
Reply 9
I don't always wear my glasses or contacts so when I am out without correction wearing sunglasses makes me see very bad, just like at night, so I must have a correction in them. I have prescription sunglasses but they are too strong now and I am not bothered to wear them. I'd rather wear just contacts or regular glasses with UV protection.
I've tried Transitions lenses but they are sometimes not in the right tint, like if you enter a building they take about 10 seconds to get to the clear stage, so 10 seconds to wait until you see everything clear, same when you get out in a sunny day. In the car they are not dark because the car's window blocks UV.... so for me they are not worth the extra money.

I have blue eyes so my mom always reminds me to wear sunglasses as they reduce the risk of cataracts. I agree with that, but still, they are not comfortable for me.
Now I am wearing cheap sunglasses on top of a prescription glasses when driving and when outside when it is really sunny. I consider ordering a new prescription sunglasses pair for the summer.
(edited 5 years ago)
Some people are Northern and made of sterner stuff.
Reply 11
I have sunglasses and I am very rarely without my leather jacket.
Original post by gjd800
I have sunglasses and I am very rarely without my leather jacket.

Do you always dress up as the Fonz or only when it's sunny?
Reply 13
Original post by Notoriety
Do you always dress up as the Fonz or only when it's sunny?

I'm more like a dazzled Cousin Itt.
Original post by gjd800
I'm more like a dazzled Cousin Itt.

Hahahahha, cute.

I don't always **** *****es, but when I do, I have them cumming back for more.

Need to watch that again. Class.
Reply 15
Hahahahha, cute.

I don't always **** *****es, but when I do, I have them cumming back for more.

Need to watch that again. Class.

I've lost the hat. Too many hat-wearing hispter gosbhites now.

Otherwise accurate :laugh:
Original post by gjd800
I've lost the hat. Too many hat-wearing hispter gosbhites now.

Otherwise accurate :laugh:

Hahaha, the hat is very much hard core rocker meets Mr Bojangles.
Reply 17
Hahaha, the hat is very much hard core rocker meets Mr Bojangles.

I think the hat exudes 'I'm an incel' which is why I don't bother.

That and I have a ****ing massive head.

Quick Reply

Latest