Is a B the most annoying result? Watch

Arnie Pie In The Sky
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Alright, this is my opinion on the grades:

A - Superb. Maybe if you're great at the subject and love it then, could be disappointed with lower than 90.

B - Very good. If done a lot of work (like me!) then tough luck. But generally very good.

C - Good/Okay. This is depending on the subject and student.

D - Not the greatest. Could be down to laziness, bad teacher, failure to grasp etc.

E - At least it's a pass!

U - self-explanatory
dimdim_lee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
B is definitely the most annoying grade, although, possibly on parr with a C, the thing is, getting an E or a U is fine, cos you obviously didn't try, but getting a B/C is blatently the grade for: 'I tried, but I failed' which in my opinion is against playground ethics, but then again, maybe I'm just childish. XD
dimdim_lee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sammyrj)
I see what you did there! :p:

Yes, I agree that B's are annoying, because you're not 'allowed' to be disappointed. If you are you just get the stern looks of the C-graders who think you're a pompous prat.
you're clearly a 'pompous prat' you called them C-graders! That's a hideous divide based on the grades people achieve, you disgust me...:p:
Titch89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by _Mazza_)
I have nothing against people who resit Bs to get them to an A but it's the people who cry because they got a B that annoy me, I could understand if they got Es and Us but there are people who cry adn get really upset because they got one B amongest their As, it's not like they can't resit.
My thoughts exactly.

getting an E or a U is fine, cos you obviously didn't try
Rubbish. I got a U in an AS Law Module (twice) and worked my arse off. Would love to know how you reached that conclusion.
Evizu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, being 1 mark of a B is though lol
bete noire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A B is only annoying if you missed an A by like four marks, otherwise its the tits! I got a B on my english module today!
Titch89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Being off one mark is so annoying. At GCSE, I was one mark off pasing ICT and 4 makrs off a B in Maths.
Ashes_to_Ashes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bloody hell, you'd think a B is bad... :rolleyes: I can understand what you mean, but if you want all As then get off your backside and work, don't complain. You don't get anything free in this life.
Mathematician!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am annoyed at my result for Unit 1 of Critical Thinking... because I was only 4 marks off an A in this unit. However, there is still Unit 2 to do so I am not too bothered, I mean if I got an A in this Unit I would have a got a bit too complacent and then would have gone on to get a C or something in Unit 2 and inevitabely got a B overall... It is awkward though.
Arnie Pie In The Sky
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I have nothing against people who resit Bs to get them to an A but it's the people who cry because they got a B that annoy me, I could understand if they got Es and Us but there are people who cry adn get really upset because they got one B amongest their As, it's not like they can't resit.
Trust me, I do not have a cluster of A's as many do on TSR. I am a bog standard average student in comparison to this forum. I could resit both my B's but it would total my exams to 11 in a few months.
sammyrj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dimdim_lee)
you're clearly a 'pompous prat' you called them C-graders! That's a hideous divide based on the grades people achieve, you disgust me...:p:
Oh noez, you caught me!
jackfcs
Report 10 years ago
I was quite annoyed with my U.
If i got a B i would be ecstatic!
Rubix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Critical Thinking is a pointless useless subject which unis just dont give a damn about.
Thats a sweeping generalisation but its generally true.

This time i mean it.
[see above about stats]
icapturethecastle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sometimes Bs are ok

but not when they're a few marks off an A

like my chemistry

1 off an A
sooo annoying
:p:
Annaconda
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its really annoying when your dissapointed with a grade, but someone got the same as you and is really happy, i never know what to say when that happens.

yesterday i was saying that i did really badly in C1 cos i got 81, then person A said that she thought everyone was saying they did badly, and person B replied that she had done really well cos she got 82 and then asked me what i got, i didnt know what to say to just walked off!
The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DreamsComeTrue.)
"The_Goose"

i'd just like to say: your GCSE results are like WHOA !!!! lol
lol cheers
M.A.H
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tam.tam)
sometimes Bs are ok

like my chemistry

1 off an A
sooo annoying
Yup i know exactly how you feel, i missed 2As - one by 2UMS and the other by 5UMS :mad:
fredscarecrow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They're annoying if they stick out - as in I got 1Bat GCSE, the rest As and A*s and it still irritates me..and i was over the moon after this results day because I finally managed to get my B in General Studies moved up to an A, meaning that I got straight As in my ASs.

Also, I dislike them..mainly because at my school getting a B means that you're not failing but you could certainly do better.
Titch89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tam.tam)
sometimes Bs are ok

like my chemistry

1 off an A
sooo annoying
That's just mean! Surely they could've found that one mark somewhere?
The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rubix)
Critical Thinking is a pointless useless subject which unis just dont give a damn about.
Thats a sweeping generalisation but its generally true.

This time i mean it.
[see above about stats]
no seriouslty wrong. It's not exluded from offers like many other and even high ranking universities welcom it. In fact I've ben told by more than one uni that critical thinking is highly influential on their decsison if you miss your offer by a grade
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.2%
Leave (425)
20.8%

Watched Threads