AQA GCSE Chemistry 8462 Paper 1 Predictions / Discussion 17/05/2018 Watch

username3908252
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So, AQA Chemistry paper 1 is just around the corner, what predictions do you guys have about what will come up?

How are you feeling about this paper? What is your predicted grade for chemistry?

This is the spec: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...chemistry-8462
Alex.kirk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Electrolysis will NOT come up. I reckon big part on acids and bases so chapter 5 and a lot on chapter 2. Probably a 4/5 marker for the equations chapter 3. And I think there will be a question comparing group 1 and group 7. Only predicting
Daniel1315
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I reckon a lot of the questions will be based on quantitative chemistry, exothermic/endothermic reactions and bond energies. It’s obviously only a guess.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username3908252
Rep:
?
y
(Original post by Daniel1315)
I reckon a lot of the questions will be based on quantitative chemistry, exothermic/endothermic reactions and bond energies. It’s obviously only a guess.
Yup there will definetly be a lot of maths
eli7654
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Daniel1315)
i think your right, and also maybe something about group 0 as that's quite significant. Also, there may be tricky questions like writing empirical formulas, or writing ionic equations for displacement reactions.
username3908252
Rep:
?
(Original post by eli7654)
i think your right, and also maybe something about group 0 as that's quite significant. Also, there may be tricky questions like writing empirical formulas, or writing ionic equations for displacement reactions.
Also, be sure to memorise the indicators and what colours they turn and when, as they came up in the specimen papers
zoe2002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by GVqwWHJC1GRTm43)
Also, be sure to memorise the indicators and what colours they turn and when, as they came up in the specimen papers
sorry what are those lol x
IK4563
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Alex.kirk)
Electrolysis will NOT come up. I reckon big part on acids and bases so chapter 5 and a lot on chapter 2. Probably a 4/5 marker for the equations chapter 3. And I think there will be a question comparing group 1 and group 7. Only predicting
What about combined science (trilogy)? What do u think will come up in that paper?
username3908252
Rep:
?
Why are you uso convinced that electrolysis won't come up?
Mimirhodes
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How are you certain it wont compe up?
revisioneveryday
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
can I anyone please specifically tell me the new stuff that they added onto our spec? because I have a strong feeling it could be those
deeqa ali
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Why would you say electrolysis will not come up. It’s a popular chapter
Ak40
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Make sure you know the basics of everything. No point guessing. Yes there will be maths but only 15% max will be in the paper. 70 marks so 11 marks maths based
alphabetagam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
This may help you all. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5368924
Cumbriagcselass
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I think that hydrogen fuel cells will come up because it's quite topical and its recently been added to the spec
franyc09
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
For the higher AQA paper 1, it is topics 1-5 meaning that electrolysis is likely that it will come up as I'm sure we all know they love to throw in one of those horrid ionic equation-electrolysis or fuel cell questions. Electrolysis is topic 4. Good luck on exams tomorrow!
tahir456
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
can anyone list me some MUST Know equations pls, im doing higher triple AQA , thanks
gandalfhan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I feel like something about the structure of an atom and how it developed over the years will come up. My science teacher said there's a slight chance they might throw an 8 marks question on us which I would be doomed by. After how they confused most of my year with these questions on biology, I wouldn't be even surprised about it or by a question about some chemicals in parsnips or eggs.
Alex.kirk
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If you realised for biology nothing that was ‘big’ in the specimens came up in the real thing. For chemistry there ha been so much on electrolysis I just don’t think it will
KB0786
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
i feel like fuel cell will come up...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (23)
11.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (16)
8.29%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (43)
22.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (28)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (25)
12.95%
How can I be the best version of myself? (58)
30.05%

Watched Threads