The Student Room Group

Unhappy with Islam

There are a lot of inconsistencies in the religion it says of abortion 'do not kill (abort) your child for we will provide for them' yet millions of children around the globe are starving around the world. Also Islam speaks of hardship as a 'test' well its not a fair test unless every single person around the globe is tested equally. A lot of Muslims argue that everyone has different levels of tolerance, well if that were the case why do so many people take their own lives every year? Is it too late to leave islam at the age of 33? Also would any non muslims be prepared to date me??

Scroll to see replies

well that escalated...
Reply 2
Original post by soIiIoquy
well that escalated...

how lol?..., people can change I was brainwashed into the whole thing for years now I want to be free :/
theres a difference between murdering a child and a child starving. murder in islam is the next biggest sin after shirk so yeah i understand why thats written in the Quran.

The thing about tests. People go through calamities and tests in different ways, e.g financally, death etc. Everyone is tested, its just different for everyone, it doesn't need to be equal.

wdym different levels of intolerance? i don't understand how that links in with taking lives?
Original post by Anonymous
how lol?..., people can change I was brainwashed into the whole thing for years now I want to be free :/

so you're saying that islam brainwashed and you were always trapped? idk about you but i think you've just been taught in the wrong way or perhaps culture got mixed with islam.
It's never too late to realise you've been brainwashed from birth into believing daft organised religious things.

If leaving is what you want, leave.

But sorry, I wouldn't date you.
It's never too late to realise you've been brainwashed from birth into believing daft organised religious things.

okay. religion is daft, but over 85% of the world follow one.

damn this world must be crazy!
I am a muslim and my life is fine. I have no problems with your perspective but your reasons are so uncorrelated to why you would like to leave Islam. Maybe this question right now is a test of faith for you? Look man. You are 33. Like time is catching up on you. What have you been doing your life? Personally, I think you are linear minded and have got the teachings wrong but really you just want to date but realise this would contradict your faith. So pathetic.
Reply 8
There are a lot of inconsistencies in the religion it says of abortion 'do not kill (abort) your child for we will provide for them' yet millions of children around the globe are starving around the world. Also Islam speaks of hardship as a 'test' well its not a fair test unless every single person around the globe is tested equally. A lot of Muslims argue that everyone has different levels of tolerance, well if that were the case why do so many people take their own lives every year? Is it too late to leave islam at the age of 33? Also would any non muslims be prepared to date me??

Well yeah, most religious books are very inconsistent and contradictory. Even trying to debate them as a factual or realistic outlook on life is silly to me. I respect people's right to follow a religion though but if you feel it's been forced on you and you've changed your mind then just say you're not a Muslim anymore and that's job done
Hello,
I am a proud muslim and i will help you with your situation. So first of all we Muslims are put through a test for a reason. For example, we all have free will and we all decide what we want to do with it. Allah (SWT) has put everyone on a test because on the Day of judgement we will be based upon them. Allah will see what we did with our time and how we over come them. Your 33 years young, mashalla, and i would recommend going to your local mosque and asking these questions because a scholar or imam there will be able to provide you knowledge on what you are curious about. Not back onto the topic, as i said, For some people Allah has made the test harder, because Allah knowns what everyone is like and the harder they are, the more good deed we get. Allah has allowed you to be muslim and be proud of it, embrace it. As I said, you asked why people kill themselves? Allah has tested them and they have failed. The Prophet Mohammad stated that suicide is a major sin and those who do it will be punished by Allah. The reason for this is because Allah is testing you and you should now that and get through the hard times because at the end there is glory. This life is just a test. In the end, if you have committed a lot of good deeds and are devoted, Allah will send you to Jannah (Heaven). If you think you have committed a lot of bad deeds, as you know Allah is all forgiving and you still have time to ender Jannah, the beauty of Jannah is beyond any Earthly experience. Please my fellow Muslim DONT leave Islam as this is the Jin inside you trying to convince you to leave Islam because the holy month of Ramadan is upon us and he wants you to join him in Hell. If you have anymore questions please be free to let me know , btw im only 14 years old lol.
OMG. I am muslim but r u sure you are 14 years old. I agree. But if feels at all unhappy and wants to date then let him. That is all he cares about. Since why did he mention it on this thread. Clearly they are linked and clearly he is desperate. What do you think? I am quinze ans

lol out of curiousity why wouldnt you date me??

In Islam no human has the right to kill another human. Only god can take life and grant life. So murder is not allowed/Abortion
(EXCEPT UNDER SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES)
theres a difference between murdering a child and a child starving. murder in islam is the next biggest sin after shirk so yeah i understand why thats written in the Quran.

The thing about tests. People go through calamities and tests in different ways, e.g financally, death etc. Everyone is tested, its just different for everyone, it doesn't need to be equal.

wdym different levels of intolerance? i don't understand how that links in with taking lives?

Strange isnt it how Allah didnt test Faryaal Makhdoom?!

who is that person??? Never mentioned in the quran or hadiths ever.

firstly, out of all people, how is she got anything to do with this?

what even happened to her? she had her child right?

edit: she could be going through trials/tribulations in her life that we don't know of, so really what is there even to say about her? people aren't always explicit about their sufferings and calamities.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Nobodys2

LOOOOOL
firstly, out of all people, how is she got anything to do with this?

what even happened to her? she had her child right?

edit: she could be going through trials/tribulations in her life that we don't know of, so really what is there even to say about her? people aren't always explicit about their sufferings and calamities.

LMAO spending 100k on your child's birthday or travelling first class on planes isnt a trial or tribulation in the slightest.
Original post by Nobodys2

Faryaal should be mentioned in the quran since she is immune from hardship
LMAO spending 100k on your child's birthday or travelling first class on planes isnt a trial or tribulation in the slightest.

nono, thats just jealousy. yes it's excessive, but youre making it seem as though youre envious of her.

you don't know what she could be going through, maybe even worse than many others, maybe she's had tribulations in the past, or something could happen in the future. Allah knows.

Quick Reply

Latest