The Student Room Group

What do you write in your personal statement if you want to study law at Oxford?

I really want to go to Oxford to study law but I don't know what to write.

What did everyone else write to answer the question, "What motivated you to study law? Why do you want to do law at Oxford University?"

I would appreciate any kind of help. Thanks guys!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Thank you so much! That's really kind of you :smile:
What motivated you to study law?

Why Oxford ,in particular?
Reply 4
Original post by Kirarater
What motivated you to study law?

Why Oxford ,in particular?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 5
Just write about what you find interesting about law that leads you to want to study it. Don't worry about saying why you want to go to Oxford in particular; that doesn't matter. Nor do you have to have a particularly exciting or original story to tell about your motivation - just demonstrate that you're interested in law (law itself, that is, not the Oxford degree) and have thought carefully about it.
Reply 6
Talk about your interests in law. Also, discuss your thoughts about law. Originality and insight are good things. You can read some books or listen to podcasts about law and then talk about your thoughts. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest