smithben
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Has anyone got predictions for the sources of law paper for 2018, a quick reply would be great!
SethMtv
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by smithben)
Has anyone got predictions for the sources of law paper for 2018, a quick reply would be great!
Surely not statutory interpretation
smithben
Rep:
?
No I would not think so, my own predictions were either EU law with judicial precedent OR Deligated legislation and Judicial president
10geomcd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
dont forget law reform: the role of the law commission and the problems they encounter in fulfilling their role
Anna.T.A
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My teachers predicted Judicial precedent and statutory interpretation despite it having been repeated for many years. Judicial precedent hasn’t been on the paper since 2014!
Zebra09
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
any last min topics everyone is looking at?
Lewis199913
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck let’s all hope JP is on it
smithben
Rep:
?
Well it was DL and JP hoping it went well anyone know how they answered the scenario question?
SethMtv
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well it was DL and JP hoping it went well anyone know how they answered the scenario question?
I did the 2nd one. Finished with time to spare so I was a tad suspicious
smithben
Rep:
?
(Original post by SethMtv)
I did the 2nd one. Finished with time to spare so I was a tad suspicious
What did u put for Q2 I put; reversing, overfilling and distinguishing but I think it may have been overusing, overfilling, distinguishing?
SethMtv
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did u put for Q2 I put; reversing, overfilling and distinguishing but I think it may have been overusing, overfilling, distinguishing?
I forgot what the question was, but I know for the last one it was distinguishing for sure.
smithben
Rep:
?
(Original post by SethMtv)
I forgot what the question was, but I know for the last one it was distinguishing for sure.
What about Q1 cuz I only briefly described Ratio and Obtier and then talked about reversing and overruling more
Lewis199913
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Didn’t like the last one how it only asked for advantages of JP it should have asked for both arguments
Lewis199913
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I didn’t get C part 1 did it ask for the development of the practice statement so the London street tramways cases 1898 then the practice statement 1966, then Conway v rimmer and shivpuri for criminal, pepper v heart for Hansard then finally Austin v Southwark showing that it was transferred to the Supreme Court under the constitution reform act, is that correct??
Lewis199913
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Or was it asking for something else?
smithben
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lewis199913)
I didn’t get C part 1 did it ask for the development of the practice statement so the London street tramways cases 1898 then the practice statement 1966, then Conway v rimmer and shivpuri for criminal, pepper v heart for Hansard then finally Austin v Southwark showing that it was transferred to the Supreme Court under the constitution reform act, is that correct??
I think so I just talked about everything for the practice statement but the questions were worded weirdly in my opinion
Lewis199913
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah it was asking about the practice directions which I’ve never heard of I just presumed it meant practice statement and wrote about the development of it and how it was used in cases, and how there’s a reluctance to use it.
Lewis199913
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also was the last 5 mark question, distinguishing?
smithben
Rep:
?
Also was the last 5 mark question, distinguishing?
Can u remember your other scenario answers?
SethMtv
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Didn’t like the last one how it only asked for advantages of JP it should have asked for both arguments
I wish they asked for both arguments too, but I managed to think of 7 solid advantages thankfully
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (203)
47.1%
Take exams next summer (62)
14.39%
Change uni choice through clearing (97)
22.51%
Apply to uni next year instead (44)
10.21%
I'm not applying to university (25)
5.8%

Watched Threads