The Student Room Group

Studying two courses ??

I'm currently a student at St George's doing Biomed. I very much want to also undertake a part-time course in the evenings at Birkbeck doing International Relations and History. The problem being of course that the course is over £6000 a year. I only have university three days a week at the moment and would very much like to undertake another degree and have always been hugely interested in history and politics and would like to take it farther and see where it leads me. It may well be beneficial to me since I'm not entirely sure what I would like to do.

So the question is, are there any feasible options for me to finance another degree? I do get help from student finance for my first degree but know they can't help me out here. I worry about how I'll be able to fit a job in too. Are there any other routes or any jobs I can fit into a schedule?
Original post by I'llGetThere
I'm currently a student at St George's doing Biomed. I very much want to also undertake a part-time course in the evenings at Birkbeck doing International Relations and History. The problem being of course that the course is over £6000 a year. I only have university three days a week at the moment and would very much like to undertake another degree and have always been hugely interested in history and politics and would like to take it farther and see where it leads me. It may well be beneficial to me since I'm not entirely sure what I would like to do.

So the question is, are there any feasible options for me to finance another degree? I do get help from student finance for my first degree but know they can't help me out here. I worry about how I'll be able to fit a job in too. Are there any other routes or any jobs I can fit into a schedule?

Could you just focus on one degree first, maybe work a while and secure an income, then you'll have the funds to finance the other one? You could then do that degree part time whilst remaining in employment? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending