Gcse english literature Watch

username3974934
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
What do you think is gonna come up for Macbeth and a Christmas carol ???? What poem do you think they’ll ask from the power and conflict anthology
Sohail-2K
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Riya_13)
What do you think is gonna come up for Macbeth and a Christmas carol ???? What poem do you think they’ll ask from the power and conflict anthology
I don't know.
username3974934
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Sohail-2K)
I don't know.
Helpful 🙄
Henrymb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It's silly asking questions like this, you can rule out the questions from last years paper and the specimen paper - but apart from that nobody has any idea.
LiyoS
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Henrymb)
It's silly asking questions like this, you can rule out the questions from last years paper and the specimen paper - but apart from that nobody has any idea.

Why can you "rule out questions from last year's paper"? If it is in the anthology, it is in the mix.
noname900
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Revise quotes that arch over multiple themes for your books and then for the poetry, you should have knowledge on every poem, but you can cleverly pick the ones you can use to compare. You can get by revising a couple of the war poems, relationships between people. JUST GROUP THEM INTO CATEGORIES! Then choose like 1/2 from that list. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CONTEXT FOR EVERYONE OF THEM!!!!
username3974934
Rep:
?
(Original post by noname900)
Revise quotes that arch over multiple themes for your books and then for the poetry, you should have knowledge on every poem, but you can cleverly pick the ones you can use to compare. You can get by revising a couple of the war poems, relationships between people. JUST GROUP THEM INTO CATEGORIES! Then choose like 1/2 from that list. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CONTEXT FOR EVERYONE OF THEM!!!!
Thanks! Do you have any tips on how to analyse structure and form in Macbeth or A Christmas carol ?
noname900
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thanks! Do you have any tips on how to analyse structure and form in Macbeth or A Christmas carol ?
It's about practising lots. You can know about all the language/structural features but it's useless if you cannot notice it. With Shakespeare, I would look into meter and things like iambic pentameter, which tells a lot about the characters.
Slash_bae
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I reckon either checking out me history or tissue will come up, I don't do either of those other texts. Gonna take a punt and say that Bayonet Charge and Remains won't come up, as Bayonet Charge was last year's poem (at least for AQA) and most people compared Remains to it and if they use that people will just compare to Bayonet Charge?Also in the AQA specimen paper Ozymandias is the example so they might not use that, although its an easy one to learn so I'd learn about it anyway in case any with the theme of power of nature or time or humans comes upHope it helped, I'm focusing revision on the later poems in the anthology as I think they're harderXOX
MimiElf
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Have you used any of the online resources that take you through the structure and form of the texts? The ones I find most useful are Mr Bruff (youtube) and Seneca Learning (google it). They're really useful .
username3974934
Rep:
?
Thanks I’ll deffo check Seneca out. I feel like most people watch me Bruff and everyone’s kind of saying the same thing, if you know what I mean ??
username3974934
Rep:
?
(Original post by Slash_bae)
I reckon either checking out me history or tissue will come up, I don't do either of those other texts. Gonna take a punt and say that Bayonet Charge and Remains won't come up, as Bayonet Charge was last year's poem (at least for AQA) and most people compared Remains to it and if they use that people will just compare to Bayonet Charge?Also in the AQA specimen paper Ozymandias is the example so they might not use that, although its an easy one to learn so I'd learn about it anyway in case any with the theme of power of nature or time or humans comes upHope it helped, I'm focusing revision on the later poems in the anthology as I think they're harderXOX
Yeah my teacher thinks London will come up x
Sohail-2K
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Your asking a very stupid question nobody knows what the exam question is.
Helpful 🙄
Slash_bae
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Adding on again, my teachers reckon that the theme of identity will come up because most of the harder/later poems are that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (70)
10.49%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (117)
17.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (99)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (64)
9.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (198)
29.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed