Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, you guys doing Business can probably help me out here seen as it Business!!

Basically - i got an E for unit 1 - which i got without hardly really any revision because i was away for 2 weeks before the exam (not my choice!), so was speaking to my teacher about the result yesterday and she said if i got an E with hardly any revision, imagine what i could've got with revision, so she's putting me in for the resit in the summer!

So - between now and the summer exams (which are 10 weeks away) - what is the best way for me to revise to get my grade up!? What can i do basically to improve on the E?

ReputationRep:
    past papers and lots of reading i find

ReputationRep:
    not sure if your doing AQA business studies, but unit 1 is by far the easiest unit to pass because the majority of the marks are based on remembering the keywords and applying it to the case study....i would advise you to write down every keyword in the text book and make it into some kind of keyword book and catagorise(sp) this into the different units e.g. MARKIETNG, ACCOUNTING/FINANCE etc and use highlights to make the book look pretty always worked for me....

unit 1 the first time i got a D (45/90) then i resat this unit last june and got 74/90 which is an A so i would strongly advise you to do this for all AS business studies units.

ReputationRep:
    make revision cards with brief questions and anwsers (definitions and advantages/disadvantages that type of thing) and get someone to test you. by verbally saying the anwser your likely to remember it helped me get a B and i don't even pay attention in the lesson

good luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that tip! Will have to put that into action!

Any tips for how to apply revision to the case study when it comes out? I never know how to revise the case study!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.