The Student Room Group

KCL, Sheffield or Manchester for BSc Biomedical Sciences?

Hi, I got into KCL, University of Sheffield and University of Manchester for biomedical sciences. But I really don't know which uni to choose as all three of them seem very good. After my ug, I'd like to go for higher studies. Which university is the best out of the three?
Original post by gls98
Hi, I got into KCL, University of Sheffield and University of Manchester for biomedical sciences. But I really don't know which uni to choose as all three of them seem very good. After my ug, I'd like to go for higher studies. Which university is the best out of the three?

There is no best. How do the courses compare?
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
There is no best. How do the courses compare?

I checked out the modules for this course in all the universities, and they all seem quite similar. Sheffield has dissection but that's not really a deciding factor for me. From what I've gathered, Sheffield is the best out of the three for medical research, but KCL and Manchester have the name and reputation. I don't know which one too choose if I'm considering going for higher studies.
Original post by gls98
I checked out the modules for this course in all the universities, and they all seem quite similar. Sheffield has dissection but that's not really a deciding factor for me. From what I've gathered, Sheffield is the best out of the three for medical research, but KCL and Manchester have the name and reputation. I don't know which one too choose if I'm considering going for higher studies.

No one will look at a PhD/masters application and think about name or reputation. They will look at your grades, what you studied and work experience. There will be minor differences between courses such as what optional modules are available and when. It doesn't matter who is best for medical research (how that's measured varies by league table anyway) because undergrads don't get involved with research very much if at all.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
No one will look at a PhD/masters application and think about name or reputation. They will look at your grades, what you studied and work experience. There will be minor differences between courses such as what optional modules are available and when. It doesn't matter who is best for medical research (how that's measured varies by league table anyway) because undergrads don't get involved with research very much if at all.

I see.. What should I consider then? What should be the deciding factor in choosing a university? :frown:
Original post by gls98
I see.. What should I consider then? What should be the deciding factor in choosing a university? :frown:

Please read my posts above. I've already said to you the course should be and you need work out how they compare.

Quick Reply

Latest