Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hardrada)
Why would this not be a B overall?
It is a B.
The__Bait
Report 10 years ago
ha... i wouldn't be surprised if people started studying A2 units from the AS days, so that they get a small 70% at AS but a large 90% in A2...
Hashshashin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The__Bait)
ha... i wouldn't be surprised if people started studying A2 units from the AS days, so that they get a small 70% at AS but a large 90% in A2...
Having BBBB at AS wouldn't exactly look good on your Cambridge application, though - even if you were predicted A*A*A*A* at A level.
ninety_nine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by city_chic)
I got 90%+ in my 3 subjects I'm taking to A-level, and got 7A*s at GCSE, but I was not pooled...
what were you applying to do though? as far as i know this rule applies to the non-ultra competitive subjects at oxbridge - law, medicine, vet science, history, maths etc. are excluded i'm sure.
jcb914
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ninety_nine)
what were you applying to do though? as far as i know this rule applies to the non-ultra competitive subjects at oxbridge - law, medicine, vet science, history, maths etc. are excluded i'm sure.
The auto-pooling rule applies to applicants for all subjects at all colleges. The one exception might be for Medicine applicants, where BMAT scores are sometimes used as a filter pre-interview.

In addition, History is not really one of the "ultra competitive" subjects - in fact, it's one of the least competitive.
chris1200
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah it's a university-wide practice for all colleges and faculties.
Saturday Night Special
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by antimetabole)
i am wondering the same. got 97/100 in core 1 and 86/100 in stats. personally I think that my stats mark is far too low but thrilled I got an A
86 in stats will make no difference, regardless of what you are applying for. Of course for Maths, Engineering, Economics etc you need your maths mark to be as high as it can. but the odd module as under 90 or a high B is fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)