Turn on thread page Beta

Want TWO FREE TICKETS for Lovebox festival? watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

This competition is now closed - thanks to everyone who entered!

Course you do! This year's line-up is 🔥🔥🔥 with Childish Gambino, SZA and Skepta playing - just to name a few.

Moving to Gunnersbury Park, London, for 2018, the two-day festival has been running since 2002 and always hosts a stellar line-up.

This year, we've been lucky enough to have been offered TWO FREE TICKETS to give away to one of our lucky members.

So how do you get in with a chance of winning?

Comment in this thread your favourite song by any of this year's Lovebox performers, and a random winner will be selected by the Community Team on Friday 22nd June 2018.

Also, let us know who you're MOST excited about seeing live, and a couple of dream performers you'd love to meet - we could just make it a reality...

Get commenting below

PLEASE READ - TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
    Spoiler:
    Show

* You must be a registered TSR member to enter the competition

* You must be available on Friday 13th and Saturday 14th July 2018 for both days of the festival

* You must be able to make your own way to the festival - transport to/from Lovebox is NOT included in the competition

* Troll posts / anything offensive will NOT be counted as an entry

* If you are under 18, you must be accompanied by someone 18+ to enter the festival (info here)

* If you win, you will need to share yours and your +1's details with a Community Team member in a PM

* When attending Lovebox, you will need to bring a form of ID with you to prove age/identification on the day

* Tickets are NON-TRANSFERABLE - only the winner and friend will be granted entry

* Comments posted after midnight 21st June will not be counted.

ReputationRep:
    DJ Zinc's classic super sharp shooter is probably my favourite song out there.

Regarding who i'm most excited about seeing live and meeting: definitely the legend Skepta and Wu Tang Clan!

ReputationRep:
    Skepta - same sh*t different day, and I’d love to see Travis Scott at lovebox!

ReputationRep:
    No thanks! (Not an entry, just a joke, good luck to everyone else!)

ReputationRep:
    Favourite song has to be Roll (Burbank funk) - The Internet as i'd be most excited to see them perform the new track live! Would die to meet them too

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    My favourite song has to be Special Affair - The Internet, it actually just such a vibe

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Favourite songs - I adore Redbone, Me and Your Mama and Sweatpants by Gambino, as well as his remix of All of the Lights. Oh, and What if I Go and All Around the World by Mura Masa! (sorry, really can't pick one...)
    And performers I'd love to meet... It would have to be Donald Glover. He's a genuine genius and it's on my bucket list.

I'd love to win this!

ReputationRep:
    skepta thats not me!!!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Imagine meeting Childish Gambino tho, absolute genius. This is America is my tune at the minute

ReputationRep:
    Mura Masa- Lovesick

ReputationRep:
    Wu Tang Clan protect ya neck
    most excited to see the Wu
    wutang is forever!!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Wu Tang Clan and Childish Gambino!! Both are amazing! Wu tang are timeless with stuff like gravel pit and Childish Gambino is a contemporary genius with this is America and redbone 🤞🏼
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't want to enter but why is it called lovebox?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Everyone shags in the portaloos.

ReputationRep:
    All the stars by SZA, I love it and I'm most excited to meet her!! Also excited to see skepta and annie mac. Lovebox is on my birthday so it would be great to go!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Everyone shags in the portaloos.
    Fair enough :lol: thought tsr was giving out some tickets to some shady dating bar when I read the title
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    #MusicExists
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    "Back in 2002, Groove Armada and our own Jools were sitting in a pub, lamenting the London parties scene. They were playing gigs and clubs everywhere, but thought there might be a way to put on a different kind of show in London, with more exciting line-ups.

It started with a box of records and a pack of Post-its – heart-shaped ones were the only type to hand. The record box became the ‘Lovebox’, which became an album, and then the first party was thrown in an old strip club off Tottenham Court Road. Then followed a residency at 93 Feet East, succeeded by a stint in Ladbroke Grove, and Lovebox was selling out two weeks in advance with hundreds turning up at the door."

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    This is America is my tune at the minute
    Saaaaame gurl :five:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by discobish)
    "Back in 2002, Groove Armada and our own Jools were sitting in a pub, lamenting the London parties scene. They were playing gigs and clubs everywhere, but thought there might be a way to put on a different kind of show in London, with more exciting line-ups.

It started with a box of records and a pack of Post-its – heart-shaped ones were the only type to hand. The record box became the ‘Lovebox’, which became an album, and then the first party was thrown in an old strip club off Tottenham Court Road. Then followed a residency at 93 Feet East, succeeded by a stint in Ladbroke Grove, and Lovebox was selling out two weeks in advance with hundreds turning up at the door."

Saaaaame gurl :five:
    Thanks Discobish :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Easy, All the Stars - Kendrick Lamar and SZA!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 28, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.