Chemistry GCSE AQA 9-1 Paper 1 (17/05)

Watch this thread
Boss_Rhythm
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Any Predictions or Predicted exam papers?
Let's share the knowledge

All I know is things like nanoparticles, electrolysis, either development of atomic model or development of periodic table and quantitative chemistry are bound to pop up. Probably some stuff linking back to food as well somehow
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Should probably have posted after school
But anyways
BUMPs!
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
BUMP!
I feel like someone has already made this thread so no one cares about my one
username3915546
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What required practicals do you think will come up??
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
(Original post by -Husna.the.GOAT-)
What required practicals do you think will come up??
Finally someone :rofl:

I doubt the making salts one will come up on the separate science paper
So for sure electrolysis or titration, at least one of them
Jado101
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Titrations seems likley.
There is definitely going to be a lot of maths questions. Therfore moles and concentraion would be likely.
Possibly Fuel Cells as they are new to the syllabus
Electrolysis as there's a wide coverage in the study guide.
They will be my predictions, but after yesterdays biology exam anything could come up! Just ignore the topic of the question and try and think what they are asking of you.
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
(Original post by Jado101)
Titrations seems likley.
There is definitely going to be a lot of maths questions. Therfore moles and concentraion would be likely.
Possibly Fuel Cells as they are new to the syllabus
Electrolysis as there's a wide coverage in the study guide.
They will be my predictions, but after yesterdays biology exam anything could come up! Just ignore the topic of the question and try and think what they are asking of you.
I have a feeling they are gonna ask some hard question from topic 1 about how to seperate different soups or something using distillation techniques.
knownasAD
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
BUMP!
I feel like someone has already made this thread so no one cares about my one
who else made this and do you have any updates on your predictions

thank you in advance
anonymous69gcse
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
there will be a question on eggs make sure to revise about eggs
saraf3210
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i think it will defo be maths heavy- quite a few calculations etc
sopxia
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Bet they will ask to actually calculate the concentration of the egg from the triple bio exam looool
Keval02
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Apparently 20% of maths will be in chemistry. 10% was in biology.
Fazzy_77
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I have a feeling they are gonna ask some hard question from topic 1 about how to seperate different soups or something using distillation techniques.
I think we should all just read a cookery book to revise. Should be able to get a 9 by doing that.
username3965634
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
its only up to chapter 7 right for separate sciences?
YouAreAYute
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
if this exam is anything like biology ffs no, would rather get potato virus Y and die
Kiwimuncher28
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 8237190)
its only up to chapter 7 right for separate sciences?
Yeah it is
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
(Original post by knownasAD)
who else made this and do you have any updates on your predictions

thank you in advance
Not much more except to try and remember the 6 markers on how to set up titration practical
If titration comes up at least one moles and concentration calculation ofcourse
Something keeps telling me nanoparticles will come up as I haven't seen it in any paper in a while
Electrolysis or Fuel Cells (More likely electrolysis) will come up
Also either Chromatography or Development of Periodic Table will come up for topic 1
Remember your metallic bonding stuff and states of matter stuff

That's about it, tbh the way bio went you should think more about application during the exam than content
knownasAD
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Not much more except to try and remember the 6 markers on how to set up titration practical
If titration comes up at least one moles and concentration calculation ofcourse
Something keeps telling me nanoparticles will come up as I haven't seen it in any paper in a while
Electrolysis or Fuel Cells (More likely electrolysis) will come up
Also either Chromatography or Development of Periodic Table will come up for topic 1
Remember your metallic bonding stuff and states of matter stuff

That's about it, tbh the way bio went you should think more about application during the exam than content
so just do a couple past papers
Jad.L
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys, so far all the practicals have come up without u knowing and there’s no way of guessing which one.

In my opinion you guys should just try and revise as much content as guessing is a waste of time and requires too much effort and risk. I think it’s best to try get as many practise questions and complete them to understand what topics you don’t know and how the exam board want u to answer
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
(Original post by Jad.L)
Hey guys, so far all the practicals have come up without u knowing and there’s no way of guessing which one.

In my opinion you guys should just try and revise as much content as guessing is a waste of time and requires too much effort and risk. I think it’s best to try get as many practise questions and complete them to understand what topics you don’t know and how the exam board want u to answer
Do you have any mark scheme answers to any 6 markers? I really need those
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (19)
31.67%
Take a gap year (14)
23.33%
Resit my exams (9)
15%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (8)
13.33%
I don't know yet (7)
11.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5%

Watched Threads