Do you think your attitude can affect your final result at GCSE? Watch

Diaz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I think it has an massive affect. I despise French and in my mock I got a D, so now I'm going to try and have a positive attitude towards it which I think is going to be hard.

Your views are appreciated
econ-hec
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
deffo givvit a try, good luck
~Ollie~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Only in the sense that if you like it you do more work and so get a better grade
Kater Murr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BasiConcept)
I think it has an massive effect. I despise French and in my mock I got a D, so now I'm going to try and have a positive attitude towards it which I think is going to be hard.

Your views are appreciated
Please.
[m a a r i.]
Report 10 years ago
definitely.
you might just fail the exam
thats wt i think.
sweetfloss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Course it will. If someone thinks they are going to do badly in a subject no matter what they do they don't try. If they think they can improve (positive thinking!) they try harder. Also you'll be more likely to "give questions a go" that you might previously have just avoided answering altogether!
purple-girl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, your attitude towards it makes a real difference. If you hate the subject, you're not going to put as much effort in so you won't do as well. And if you tell yourself there's no way you're gonna get above a certain grade, chances are you won't unless you try very hard to beat your targets. However, if you love a subject and really want to do well in it, you'll put the effort in and do as well as you can .
davedave4619
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you find a subject fun and interesting you will retain the information better and naturally want to learn more information too so your attitude should make a lot of difference.
t kay13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I do agree, i try fairly hard in most subjects, very hard in my favourite subjects and then slightly less in my weaker/less interesting subjects. Care to guess in which ones i get the highest marks. I suppose i'm lucky in the sense that my best subjects are my favourite subjects, ie English Literature, History, English Language and Geography whereas i just cannot stand Maths, Science and German.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?