The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde Private Accomodation

Hi all, I've recently secured a place in MSc Quantitative Finance and was wondering if there are any MSc students willing to look for a private rented accomodation together?

Also, universities usually have a facebook group for roomshare or looking for a housemate, is there no such for Strathclyde?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Hi Gabbyz,

Congratulations on gaining entry into your MSC course!

I am contacting your from Collegelands which is a private student accommodation site in Glasgow! We offer flats that are purely for other Masters students so if you are looking for other like minded people, please get in touch with us and we can help you find your new shared home!

We also have top notch knowledge of Glasgow so if you have any questions regarding your new city, we're happy to help!

Lucy @ Collegelands.
Reply 3
Original post by gabbyz
Hi all, I've recently secured a place in MSc Quantitative Finance and was wondering if there are any MSc students willing to look for a private rented accomodation together?

Also, universities usually have a facebook group for roomshare or looking for a housemate, is there no such for Strathclyde?

Hi! I have secured a place in MSc Investment and Finance and also looking for private accommodation, I may be interested in sharing a place, hit me up!
Original post by gabbyz

Original post by erksimsek
Hi! I have secured a place in MSc Investment and Finance and also looking for private accommodation, I may be interested in sharing a place, hit me up!

Hi, I've also secured a place in MSc Quantitative Finance and I'm looking for private accommodation.
Original post by gabbyz

Hey Gabby! I will be attending the Uni for an MSc in Information and Library Sciences and I was also hoping to find someone to room with off campus. I will be coming from Texas towards the end of August. I will be coming to Scotland fresh-faced as I've only ever been to London!
Reply 6
Original post by diegoprzgui
Hi, I've also secured a place in MSc Quantitative Finance and I'm looking for private accommodation.

Brilliant, I've been looking at private accommodation and there seems to be decent halls.
Original post by erksimsek
Brilliant, I've been looking at private accommodation and there seems to be decent halls.

What did you find out? I haven't looked seriously for accommodation yet.
Reply 8
Original post by gabbyz

Hey I have offer for msc finance and waiting for reply on quantitative finance. Are you still looking for roommates or accommodation?? Cuz i am on the fence between andrew ure and private accommodation. Let me know :smile:
Reply 9
This seems a good thread for all the finance students. If others can become active here it would be great sharing accommodation with like minded people and study together aswell!
Hi guys,

If you are looking for private accommodation or want to live on campus, then please don't hesitate to get in touch with us!

Hope the flat hunting is going well!

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hi guys,

If you are looking for private accommodation or want to live on campus, then please don't hesitate to get in touch with us!

Hope the flat hunting is going well!

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep

Hi this is Rupinder. I am a prospective Ph.D student in University of Strathclyde and I wish to know that apart from Andrew Ure Hall, what other accommodation I can apply to or I am eligible for?
Original post by Rupinder dhamoon
Hi this is Rupinder. I am a prospective Ph.D student in University of Strathclyde and I wish to know that apart from Andrew Ure Hall, what other accommodation I can apply to or I am eligible for?

Hi @Rupinder dhamoon Andrew Ure Hall is the only accommodation we have for postgrad students studying at the university. You are welcome to stay in the other halls we have on campus however these are available to undergraduate students as well. I'll PM you a link to the accommodation website. If you have any other questions then let me know.

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hi @Rupinder dhamoon Andrew Ure Hall is the only accommodation we have for postgrad students studying at the university. You are welcome to stay in the other halls we have on campus however these are available to undergraduate students as well. I'll PM you a link to the accommodation website. If you have any other questions then let me know.

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep

Thank you for the information. What about the private accommodation? Are postgraduate students eligible for those?
Original post by Rupinder dhamoon
Thank you for the information. What about the private accommodation? Are postgraduate students eligible for those?

Yes of course, any students are available for private accommodation. Here's a link to accommodation in the Glasgow area:
https://www.strath.ac.uk/workwithus/vacancies/aboutglasgowscotland/accomodationinglasgow/

Glasgow Pad is also a useful link:
https://www.glasgowpad.org/

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
Reply 15
Hey all, completely missed out on how many of you have participated in the discussion!

I have been spending a lot of time on spareroom trying to find a good fit, however Strathclyde students seem to be a bit all over the city when it comes to housing. I would ideally like to rent an HMO apartment/house to share with other postgrads, however that might involve contacting agencies rather than private landlords. If any of you are based in the UK or ideally somewhere near Glasgow, let me know what are your thoughts so far - uni halls/ private halls/ private accommodation?
Hi @gabbyz students usually tend to move into private accommodation in second year after making friends in halls in first year or with friends on their course. Glasgow has a wide range of accommodation available in the city centre and west end.

The university also has accommodation on campus. Here's a link to accommodation on our website:
https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/accommodation/

If you have any other questions then feel free to ask or PM me!

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest