gooner1991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
what do you think caused the second world war and why?

hitler's ideaology

appeasement

the treaty of versailles?
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think you can pin it down to any one reason, and the three that you've listed there are all linked in one way or another.
--
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The French Revolution.
FadeToBlackout
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The capitalists, duh! :p:
Bgriffin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
First World War
Treaty of Versailles - Reparations
Hitlers Ideology
Agressive Foreign Policy.
Rearmament

They were catalysts to the Second War, the actual trigger as you know was Hitler's invasion of Poland. He did not think Britain would actually defend Poland if they invaded, if only we could have see his face when we declared war.
Bgriffin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You could say that the failures of the Treaty of Versaille caused the economic problems within Germany but it was Hitler and his ideology which ultimately led to the Second World War, Hitler stabalised the german economy, if he could do it then other people could have as well, people without such ideas.
stainedglass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can use that question to lead off in to other causes;

America's isolationism,
Hitler's ideology and continuing campaign for Lebensraum, (although this sort of links with the question really)
Nazi methods to gain more land
Rearmament
British foreign policy
The effect of WWI

So..in short, it was a factor, but not the only one. I think it's up to you to decide which you think is the more influential and argue it out.
Lauren12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://scoopsheets.com/20th-century-history/ This is a great summary of the causes of the Second World War- and on one sheet of paper!
Connman123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The seconds world war can be attributed to many reasons and not just one specific answer such as

1) Treaty of Versailles obviously caused resentment as many citizens were angry as the allies nation especially France sought out huge reparation payments on Germany which caused the implosion of the German Economy

2) German citzens were also angry at their own leaders as they signed the TOV and were dubbed November Criminals. More support for the right
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (5)
8.33%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (5)
8.33%
No, but maybe I will look into it (15)
25%
No and I wouldn't consider it (35)
58.33%

Watched Threads