Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well at midnight on results day rumour has it that all decisions are automated on the track feature e.g. if you have been accepted then your conditionals turn in to unconditional. I was just wondering, if your Insurance is a lower entry requirement to ur Firm and you do meet your firm, will both of these choices turn in to 'unconditional s'?

ReputationRep:
    Um, this is mostly dismissed as being a myth - I remember having a discussion on a thread about this a while back, and IIRC the earliest anyone had their results was actually at 6am (which is still early, mind). That was just one thread though.. maybe some people do manage to get them at midnight, though I do seem to remember a UCAS worker (who often posts here) popping up on that thread, saying they don't actually update at midnight. I can't remember properly: it was a while back.

However, in reference to your specific question, then no: I believe only your Firm would change to "unconditional" in that event. The Insurance would probably come up as "declined" or something to that effect.

ReputationRep:
    How about if you miss your firm choice, would your Insurance choice get changed to 'unconditional' and your firm as 'declined'?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure; I assume the Insurance would come up as "unconditional", but your Firm may change to "rejected".

Does it matter in any way? :confused: If you're lucky enough to get your results early, you can rest assured that whatever it says on UCAS Track, they will have managed to word it in such a way so as not to confuse people: they will put something intelligible.

ReputationRep:
    what happens if they are considering you, if you missed your grades? would there just be no change to the status of ur firm?

ReputationRep:
    I was only wondering because of the myth that people have known prior to going in to college and getting their results what to expect if you get me. Its like if any of my offers dont turn in to an unconditional i will know that when i go in to college, how to prepare for the worse if that makes sense lol.

And im guessing if you just missed your grades and they are considering you still, then the offer will still remain as 'conditional' and then you ring them up and then if you still accept you then they will change it to 'unconditional' themselves.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine logged onto UCAS at 3am on the morning of results day, and her firm had changed to "unconditional".

ReputationRep:
    ^ That's the earliest I've heard of anyone having them, so far.

I quite like going in on Results Day.. it's nice to see everyone. I think I'll try to avoid checking Track for that very reason, but I have a feeling I might not be able to help looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajvinderd9)
    Ok, well at midnight on results day rumour has it that all decisions are automated on the track feature e.g. if you have been accepted then your conditionals turn in to unconditional. I was just wondering, if your Insurance is a lower entry requirement to ur Firm and you do meet your firm, will both of these choices turn in to 'unconditional s'?
    I checked my brother's (been having a look at his old Ucas stuff in a folder in the attic). His firm changed to 'Accepted' and the Insurance changed to 'Unconditional'.

ReputationRep:
    ^ I'm glad I pointed out that I couldn't remember properly, because that's quite obviously true, now, haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiedoughmonster)
    A friend of mine logged onto UCAS at 3am on the morning of results day, and her firm had changed to "unconditional".
    This is quite simply NOT true.

We do not turn the Track service back on until mid morning on results day.

People try all night but just end up getting annoyed and hating UCAS...

We are not allowed to show you how institutions have reacted to your results until your morning posts starts arriving - sorry.

Steve

ReputationRep:
    Urgh..don't know why I got a phone call at 3.15 telling me she'd got into Cambridge. Silly her.

Some people managed to get on in the middle of the night last year then it went down until the morning.

ReputationRep:
    I know a few people who have seen their decisions on track at midnight last year.

ReputationRep:
    The Unis get your results before you/UCAS updates. If you really want to know if you got in phone the unis one/two days before results day. Some of my mates did this last year and found out. Skip waiting for UCAS in the early hours all together! I think only some unis will tell you though. Not sure.

ReputationRep:
    PM with these peoples application numbers / PID's and I will check their every logon.

Steve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveUCAS)
    PM with these peoples application numbers / PID's and I will check their every logon.

Steve
    huh why?

ReputationRep:
    To provide some evidence for the 'I know a few people' / 'Some people managed to' stories.

I pretty sure we closed any possible loopholes to access for 07.

I not that worried - just trying to prevent lots people getting frustrated by staying up all night looking at error messages from servers that have been disabled.

Steve

(Original post by SteveUCAS)

Steve
    Why would we know other peoples application numbers? And do you want to lose your job? Aren't you aware of the data protection act?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Do you get paid for coming on TSR and answering UCAS questions?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.