Chances of making Uni first choice if I miss my grades?

Watch
normellie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My first choice Uni is Leeds and the course is PPE. My offer is AAA. If I miss this by one grade do you think I will still get in? appreciate any feedback. thank you.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by normellie)
My first choice Uni is Leeds and the course is PPE. My offer is AAA. If I miss this by one grade do you think I will still get in? appreciate any feedback. thank you.
It's impossible to say definitely but it's fair to say that many people who miss a grade on their offer get their place just the same. The best thing you can do at the moment is to work hard to do your very best, and see what happens.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes - I would bet money on it even

Right now, (excluding the Oxbridge, Durham, Top London unis, St Andrews and Edinburgh) unis will accept 1-2 grades lower, provided they're your firm for most courses

Had so many people missing their grades and getting into various Russell groups
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Hi Normellie

Adviser Rosy here from the National Careers Service, it’s really great that you’re thinking ahead already and this is a really great question!

The only people who can answer your question is Leeds University Admissions Team, however universities have been known to be somewhat more flexible in this particularly if you have other aspects to your application, such as experience, a good reference or a strong personal statement.

If you have any other questions my colleague Tom is holding a live discussion on TSR, Facebook and Twitter or you could contact the National Careers Service from 8am to 10pm every day.

If you are concerned about exam results the Exam Results Helpline, delivered by the National Careers Service, will be available from A level results day on 16th August on 0800 100 900 from 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week. Calls are free from landlines and most mobile numbers.

Information, advice and guidance will be available on a wide range of qualifications including A-levels, GCSEs, BTECs, Apprenticeships and other vocational options. Other support will be available on topics such as vocational learning routes, university, gap year, moving away from home, re-sits and student finance.

Hope this helps!

Rosy
normellie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Minerva)
It's impossible to say definitely but it's fair to say that many people who miss a grade on their offer get their place just the same. The best thing you can do at the moment is to work hard to do your very best, and see what happens.
thank you Minerva!
normellie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyber Ninja)
Yes - I would bet money on it even

Right now, (excluding the Oxbridge, Durham, Top London unis, St Andrews and Edinburgh) unis will accept 1-2 grades lower, provided they're your firm for most courses

Had so many people missing their grades and getting into various Russell groups

thank you KN!
normellie
Rep:
?
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Hi Normellie

Adviser Rosy here from the National Careers Service, it’s really great that you’re thinking ahead already and this is a really great question!

The only people who can answer your question is Leeds University Admissions Team, however universities have been known to be somewhat more flexible in this particularly if you have other aspects to your application, such as experience, a good reference or a strong personal statement.

If you have any other questions my colleague Tom is holding a live discussion on TSR, Facebook and Twitter or you could contact the National Careers Service from 8am to 10pm every day.

If you are concerned about exam results the Exam Results Helpline, delivered by the National Careers Service, will be available from A level results day on 16th August on 0800 100 900 from 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week. Calls are free from landlines and most mobile numbers.

Information, advice and guidance will be available on a wide range of qualifications including A-levels, GCSEs, BTECs, Apprenticeships and other vocational options. Other support will be available on topics such as vocational learning routes, university, gap year, moving away from home, re-sits and student finance.

Hope this helps!

Rosy
Thank you Rosy that is really helpful and much appreciated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.35%
I'm not sure (41)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (284)
30.18%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.55%
I'm not a current university student (457)
48.57%

Watched Threads