The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Yusuf2007
no they arent, by the women themselves are happy to be seen as sex objects for dudes to get off on. If you want this whole view that women are objects idea to go away, go to the source, the women who are happy to be seen as such. If not then just jam to some mariah carey :biggrin:

Yes, I'm aware of this, and I don't like these women either. I don't "hate" men, I just don't like the sex industry.

By the way, I'm pretty sure the sexual double-standard has changed quite a bit - nowadays quite a few people sleep around, and a lot of people will either dislike men or women doing it, or think it's fine if men or women do it. There is still a clear lean towards it being LESS okay for women to sleep around, but I think it's lessening.
Reply 221
cerise
Tera, in an attempt to be so open-minded you're completely debasing those who still hold onto morals and parodoxically, coming across as narrow-minded. Some people don't look upon casual sex favourably. Some as yourself, do. "Morality is relative" as you claimed earlier. What makes one person's perception more valid than another's? Attacking people for that is ridiculous.

There's having morals and then there's passing judgment like those morals are correct. I do not look upon casual sex favourably, I'm indifferent to it and refrain from judging people based on how they choose to conduct their lives. I'm probably bordering on amoral with respect to most things and completely so when it comes to sex and sexuality.
Tera
There's having morals and then there's passing judgment like those morals are correct. I do not look upon casual sex favourably, I'm indifferent to it and refrain from judging people based on how they choose to conduct their lives. I'm probably bordering on amoral with respect to most things and completely so when it comes to sex and sexuality.

rightly so
Two things that many women here (some do though!) don't understand. First - availability. Any averagely+ attractive women can get laid. If they're feeling desperately horny, they can go to a club and chances are they will get a rather good looking bloke.

Even below average women can do it, MAYBE not the alpha males but certainly a moderately attractive male. It's to do with "trading up" that society has entrenched into our heads, hence opening up a demand for the "lesser" males in need of some sexual gratification.

Secondly, and I know some women will no doubt get angry over this; but males have a greater sex drive. Testosterone - good stuff, it makes you strong and ambitious. Also makes you damn horny. Masturbating is not enough - you feel relief for a few minutes (obviously it varies) and hey, you're horny again. Sex is far more fulfilling, and as a result the mind tends not to think about sex for quite a while afterwards (though having a regular sex partner could also mean you fall into a pattern and get used to things).

A side point, men think about sex more often than women - IN GENERAL of course - and regard them as sex objects, because they fashion themselves in such a way. Women can just say "well I'm just making myself look good". EXACTLY. Which is attractive to the opposite sex. Men are less regarded as sex objects, because their style of clothing is practical and dull, whilst womens' are alluring and good on the eyes. Millenia of this conditioning and you see the point.

And some men are regarded as sex objects too. Tall, musclebound bloke with a washboard stomach on the beach? Do women think of him as anything other than what his sex appeal is?
Reply 224
You guys should just set up a thread stating how far your willing to travel and post a phot! might be cheaper anyhow! lmao

Latest

Trending

Trending