Turn on thread page Beta

Arghhh spots! watch

Announcements

It's not as if my face is mega spotty, just the odd spot here or there. I dunno how to explain it but it's like, whenever there's any natural light on my face just looks lot's of different colours and I have groups of spots here or there. I'm just wondering what I can do to sort this out? I have a couple of friends who don't wear makeup and their face is just tanned looking. :confused:
    I don't wear makeup either. Will my face just go normal once I'm an adult or am I just unlucky??

ReputationRep:
    There's plenty of information available on the internet, and if you're really concerned you could talk to a pharmacist or go to the doctors.

People notice less than you think, but it makes you feel better to take care of how you look so I'd do some research into creams etc.

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you're talking about, try a bicarbonate of soda scrub. Mix some bicarbonate of soda with water and make sure its like a thick paste. Apply to your face and gently scrub in circular motions; leave on for five minutes and rinse. Repeat this everyday and your skin should be soft, smooth and glowing in no time. Make sure you follow this routine with a good moisturiser, the bicarbonate of soda can be a bit drying to the skin.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully this can help you;
    I was in a similar situation to you; not awfull acne but a bit, enough to make your confidence take a hit.

I had tried various anti-biotics and found they only helped for a short while like a few weeks or amonth.

About 4 months ago I started drinking 2 litres of water a day (4 lessons at college; 500ml per lesson) (note: you also get water from your food and you're bound to drink outside of your school/college day)
    and immedietly found my skin started getting better (I still had spots but got a lot less, giving my skin time to heal).

I was still using Clearasil but it dried my skin out and one day I just started using my mums "dove gentle soap" (or whatever it's called :P) and found that my skin didn't get dried out. I used to wash my face once a day but I find washing it twice, once in the morning and once before bed, I haven't had a spot in weeks! :O

I'd imagine washing your face more than twice a day may remove essential oils, so be carefull.

So:
    -Drink lots of water
    -Use a gentle soap
    -Wash twice a day
    -Excercise (it detoxes your body, but make sure you shower after or your pores will be clogged with sweat and make more spots) even if it's only walking for a half hour each day.

Plus, drinking all that water makes you feel a lot lot healthier; I'm less tired, I can handle later nights, I'm working harder, I have better stamina and I can run faster (but that may be due to the excercise :P)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2008
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.