The Student Room Group

14, 110kg

Hi
I'm 14, nearly 15, and my weight is not good at all.
110kg, as aforementioned. Everything led from comfort eating when I was younger after various events happened, but now I feel like I'm in a loop that I cannot break out of.
I'm also mainly interested in computing, and I find stuff like gym boring, find PE at school pretty pointless and I do sweat a lot, which is what I hate more than anything.
Luckily I really don't care what others think, so I don't let that get me down, but I do want to do something about it. I enjoy badminton, but don't play it enough, and I'd love to play football however I think my agility and stamina really hold me back.
I am seeing a dietician, but since my meeting a few months ago I haven't really changed in weight.
I should also mention my diet is pretty good, though there are probably too many carbs, and I don't eat at school. I do let myself go on sweets, and so I am trying to avoid them now.
What should I do?
Focus on your diet. If you have a calorie deficit (which I presume is what your dietician is trying to do) then you should loose weight without exercise. If you are eating extra then maybe this is what is holding you back. Try to eat regularly and at mealtimes only. Starving will only make you more hungry and more likely to binge. Also try to drink a lot more water, this can fill you up causing you to eat less. You can try snacking on veggies like cucumber as they fill you up but contain few calories. After your diet improves you should feel better too.

If you like badminton maybe try a club, or ask a friend if they want to go. If you have no one to go with go to a leisure centre maybe, and see if you can find a badminton partner.

Lastly try to get better sleep as this will improve your mood and hopefully give you more energy, especially if you are exercising.

Quick Reply