The Student Room Group

Is it bad not having a job over the summer?

I'm 17 years old, 18 at the end of summer, and I don't know whether I should get a job over the summer not.

I have a YouTube channel which pays me quite a lot of money (way more than any job would). I also sell clothes online and occasionally design and promote websites for businesses, which I also get money from.

Having a boring job where I'd be exploited (only getting paid £4 an hour) just seems so pointless!

However, I feel like it's bad having no job since all of my friends work in restaurants almost everyday. Also, will it look bad on job applications if I haven't had a job?

What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by nbhjbmnjn
I'm 17 years old, 18 at the end of summer, and I don't know whether I should get a job over the summer not.

I have a YouTube channel which pays me quite a lot of money (way more than any job would). I also sell clothes online and occasionally design and promote websites for businesses, which I also get money from.

Having a boring job where I'd be exploited (only getting paid £4 an hour) just seems so pointless!

However, I feel like it's bad having no job since all of my friends work in restaurants almost everyday. Also, will it look bad on job applications if I haven't had a job?

What should I do?

I'd say you shouldn't feel pressured into a job. It sounds like you've got plenty of experience to draw upon in a job application which would be equally if not more valuable than working in a shop or restaurant. I wouldn't worry.
what is your youtube channel and mind i ask, how much do you get paid?
Stick to what you know (and are clearly doing well at already.)

You have shown initiative and enterprise, which will help your application stand out from the crowd.
Original post by NickMbugua
what is your youtube channel and mind i ask, how much do you get paid?

was going to ask the same thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending