Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm trying to decide whether I'd prefer to go to Bath or Leeds. I live in Leeds so I know about the city (don't really know much about Bath). Leeds wants AAB for psych and bath wants AAA and I know that Bath is good for psych and is more respected but I'm not sure...

ReputationRep:
    Thats an easier question (if it is only between these two unis) when rephrased: do you want to live close or far from home?

ReputationRep:
    that's my biggest problem really cos i just can't decide but if I'm pretty much decided on which uni is best academically for what I want to do then it'll make the decision a bit easier. lIke, for example, Bath gives you a year's placement in a hospital or somewhere similar and leeds doesn't but still...

ReputationRep:
    Bath has a really good reputation for psychology. Although Leeds is also accepted as a good uni, and providing you get a good degree classifcation at the end, you'll have great job prospects from there aswell. My boyfriends sister graduated from leeds doing psych about 2 years ago and went straight into a teaching assistant job, and I think has now got another job in mental health or something. I also know someone whos at Bath in year 2 doing psych at the minute. Both are good unis and offer good courses. Bath (I think) is quite expensive and very picturesque, full of tourists most of the time from what ive heard. Leeds campus, ive been told is amazing- although im not sure how true any of the above is.

If you can, visit both and get a feel for the place, see what accommodations like, find out about living costs and all that stuff & then try and decide

ReputationRep:
    If you can't decide - why not go off the grades that they want? Put Bath as you firm and Leeds as your insurance.

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell you about Bath since I live there but first, reputation:
    Bath is ranked higher overall and has the added prestige. Also, the psychology department is known to be very good and difficult to get an offer from so well done.
    The city, that is another thing entirely. If you like your small city (c. 90,000 pop.) with old buildings, a nice abbey, good history; you will like Bath. If you like to party and have a good time, Bath is alright bit not great. The pubs are good but there aren't so many clubs (the ones here are alright but not anything special). Remember though, Bristol is only up the road and has an excellent rep for student nightlife. Bath is a tad expensive to live in but you will always find student bargains.
    I would go for Bath if I were you and put Leeds insurance.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.