Anyone Doing Rs Edexcel A Level???? Watch

LauraPepper
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi everyone....really puzzled by this new exam edexcel have published. We have been given the anthology in lessons, but i am really struggling how to interpret it!!
If anyone else is doing the implications paper...please tell me how you teacher is teaching it etc. I'm doing the Philosophy section.

Thanks SO SO SO much. X X
qwirtykid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi Laura,
Yes, I'm taking the A2 Edexcel Implications exam, the philosophy part, this year and so far I'm finding it, not just hard, but really boring!! haha. Maybe that's just the way my teachers are teaching it so far...any way early days! So far we've started looking at the extracts from Donovan and Ayer-going through line by line (this is the real tedious part) our interpretations of what each is attempting to say, in particular through the language used and with reference to our prior contextual knowledge of the philosophers. We then try to gage the implications of holding these views...the implications this would have for a religious and non religious believer and in a larger context-society for example.

How are you being taught it? Hope this helps!
Amy
AlphaWulf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm pretty sure I'm doing the same from what you're saying (just not 100% certain it's Edexcel). I'm not putting very much effort into learning it so I'm going to have a lot of work later. For me the extracts that we have to read are reasonably hard but also incredibly boring. Not sure whether we have the same booklets as you but the writing is small, the words all blur into a block of black and I virtually drift off to sleep. It's not that I'm not interested, it's just that it seems to take about 4 pages to explain how knowledge is different to intuition.

I've got a lot of revision to do...
lilstudent
Report 10 years ago
Heya - i'm teaching myself a-level rs n ye i'm finding 'implications' really hard. I don't know what the board want us to do is it just anaylse the essays, n outline the argument then put our own point of view across or are we suppose to like you said do the implications for believers and non.believers. Any help would be much welcomed.
lil
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1608)
79.13%
Leave (424)
20.87%

Watched Threads