A level student permanently banned by AQA Watch

HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A student at my college has been permanently banned from taking any AQA examinations 3 weeks before he was due to sit AQA A level history.

He got help with writing the coursework from his (ex)girlfriend - a grammar school student - who later cheated on him which caused them to break up.

After breaking up, the girl sent screenshots of several conversations, in which she was helping him to write his coursework, to the college who reported him to the exam board which has decided to disqualify him.

The boy will continue sitting the exams for his other two A levels but won't be able to finish history after two years of studying it.

The girl, who had an offer from Cambridge, was reported to her school and subsequently UCAS, has had her university offer withdrawn but will still sit her A levels.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
A student at my college has been permanently banned from taking any AQA examinations 3 weeks before he was due to sit AQA A level history.

He got help with writing the coursework from his (ex)girlfriend - a grammar school student - who later cheated on him which caused them to break up.

After breaking up, the girl sent screenshots of several conversations, in which she was helping him to write his coursework, to the college who reported him to the exam board which has decided to disqualify him.

The boy will continue sitting the exams for his other two A levels but won't be able to finish history after two years of studying it.

The girl, who had an offer from Cambridge, was reported to her school and subsequently UCAS, has had her university offer withdrawn but will still sit her A levels.
He could try sitting another exam board.
The biggest loser imo is the girl who has lost a once in a lifetime opportunity. Presumably she had much higher grades to lose as well. She wasnt that smart as she didnt think about her collusion.
Very likely the stress will affect their results as well.
RedGiant
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow, that's harsh of the girl. But serves her right, unless she applies and gets an offer again at a later time she'll have to live with the fact that she indirectly sabotaged her own entry to Cambridge.
HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
He could try sitting another exam board.
The biggest loser imo is the girl who has lost a once in a lifetime opportunity. Presumably she had much higher grades to lose as well. She wasnt that smart as she didnt think about her collusion.
Very likely the stress will affect their results as well.
Yes that's what he'll have to do but it means another 2 years of studying since, even if he were to take history again, not all exam boards offer the same specification.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
Yes that's what he'll have to do but it means another 2 years of studying since, even if he were to take history again, not all exam boards offer the same specification.
Could do it in one year.
Not sure who is the most culpable.

He is a cheat.

She is a vindictive revenger.
username2569523
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow what a b***! The guy’s still a cheat but that’s low of her...and also stupid since she also incriminated herself in the process. This is why revenge is for weak minded people.
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Slightly confused. Why was the girl in trouble?

I mean I can understand the ethical issues with her admitting to helping someone with their coursework. But she isn’t the one who cheated, why is has she lost an offer?
Nettled
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FloralHybrid)

I mean I can understand the ethical issues with her admitting to helping someone with their coursework. But she isn’t the one who cheated, why is has she lost an offer?
She helped him cheat knowing it was wrong.

Either way wat a bixtchy move.

She deserves what came her way tbh.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

She was helping him write the coursework which is basically encouraging malpractice.
ma_long
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No honour among thieves, girl got what she deserved, guy should have known better.
username2569523
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Helping someone to cheat automatically gets you in trouble. It’s just as bad as the person cheating, she is an accomplice.
dsadasqq
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lol just CRGS things
Wikia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well... this is why I'm single (obviously by choice )
Mwadi1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel sorry for him
ckfeister
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Idiot, she just cost her CAMBRIDGE degree and now worse off for lifetime.
dsadasqq
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
aight lemme clarify this **** cos you don't know **** the guy was a manipulative piece of **** that basically emotionally bullied her into doing the coursework for him and is a general piece of ****. Also she still has her offer you goon.
username2569523
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ckfeister)
I d i o t
Applies to both of them.
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lol both are idiots.

The girl took an L for snitching. i guess snitching does get you stitches.
username2569523
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RickHendricks)
lol both are idiots.

The girl took an L for snitching. i guess snitching does get you stitches.
If she kept her mouth shut it would of worked out pretty well for both of them. But Noooo she had to try get revenge and do him harm...Guess what goes around does come around.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
Helping someone to cheat automatically gets you in trouble. It’s just as bad as the person cheating, she is an accomplice.
but what if her name was amber

or had blonde hair and blue eyes.........would you still feel the same :O
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19