3+ (41)
18.22%
studyboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trickz)
He mean that sometimes the questions is good, sometimes the questions is bad, you see??
I wouldn't say bad questions, just weird.
2nd2god
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got 100% in one Economics module
and two general studies modules
so thats makes 3 in all
xavisxavis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by steve2006)
S1 is really dodgy. Some years you get a decent paper others its full of "gay" questions. I went from 48/100 in June to exactly double (96/100 in January). It can be done. I worked my ass off for it doing a chapter a week and doing a past paper a week. Stats appears to be easy but the exams is difficult and once you get good practice it will be piss.
Those are some interesting statistics you have there. A chapter a week? A past paper a week? So you spent 8 - 9 weeks on this thing?
minionlindz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PsychicPotato)
Wow, nice! Question though, do you know if there any awards given out for high AS scores? I know they give out a few for the top A-Level scores but not really sure if it applies to AS as well.
Thanks I was chuffed..still, NOT wanting to get into a debate.. I think it offers further weight to the exams are getting easier thing.. I've had 4/5 rejections for English and History so far (still waiting on one), and there can't be THAT many people scoring that highly... or can there:rolleyes: !? On and I also got 100% in an English module last year.. so hmms.

Back to your question though, I'm not sure..I'm guessing not though.
trickz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minionlindz)
Thanks I was chuffed..still, NOT wanting to get into a debate.. I think it offers further weight to the exams are getting easier thing..
I have to agree. The number of people who got 100% in one of the AQA A2 Biology modules was just ridiculous :eek:
minionlindz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trickz)
I have to agree. The number of people who got 100% in one of the AQA A2 Biology modules was just ridiculous :eek:

Yeah, it just doesn't make sense.

I definitely wouldn't say I know anywhere near everything there is to know about modern US history, or Tudor England, and yet, according to AQA, I can score 300/300 in their exams. It doesn't seem right. [EDIT: obviously, I'm not complaining or anything... I'll gladly accept their nice marks :p:]

The scale of exam results *should* be more heavily weighted in the middle - most people are 'average', and should be scoring B/C/D - yet I see *so* many people getting As, it's ridiculous. And how so many unis now want As in exams.. also doesn't seem right to me. And I'm not just basing this on TSR - so many people I know get As when (in my opinion), they shouldn't be.

Sorry, I realise I said I didn't want to turn this into a debate and I kinda seem to be doing just that.... but this thread seems to highlight the ridiculousness of it all to me :rolleyes:
steve2006
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by studyboy)
LMAO! What do you mean that??
Lol i meant questions you would hate to come up, questions phrased dodgy etc. Ive seen a fair few of those and luckily the january one was good for me.

(Original post by xavisxavis)
Those are some interesting statistics you have there. A chapter a week? A past paper a week? So you spent 8 - 9 weeks on this thing?
I started around september time. I did basically 1 or 2 chapters of the OCR s1 book every week. I did every question and excercise and asked my teacher if i had any difficulties. Then after i finished all 11 chapters i then got onto pastpapers. I had about 15 or so and did them all in the run up to the exams. I was originally hoping to scrape the A i needed but i got much more than that
Escorcio
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Got 100% in

my dreams
fusionskd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm hoping to get 100's in further maths: FP1, FP2, FP3...and for physics: unit 2, unit 4, unit 5, unit 6...But I always 'Hope' that I do, but It doesn't always work out ^^
lloydf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I worked hard for my January politics module and received 84%. I realise it's nowhere near 100% but I'm proud of this mark, it's still an A.
Cwlmatty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just worked out what I have to get to get an A in English with my current grades; two E's go full Marrks
Potential100
Report 10 years ago
Well done guys. Closest ive come is 97%. But then again my school does all exams in June, so we cant resit!!. How many of you guys got 100% first time round?
saklut
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Potential100)
Well done guys. Closest ive come is 97%. But then again my school does all exams in June, so we cant resit!!. How many of you guys got 100% first time round?
Me
fusionskd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by saklut)
Me
Me too, for M2!
xinolisss
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fusionskd)
Me too, for M2!
Me too for C4 and M3
hmjessop
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xinolisss)
Me too for C4 and M3
Me too for C2 and C4 and one Economics paper and one French paper!
city_chic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did in my first AS History module (last year).
saklut
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did in C1 C3 C4 S1 and Physics 1&2
EvenStevens
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^

O_o
made_of_fail
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
gosh, i feel so inadequate after reading the OP, with my 95s in M2 and C4.

I got one 100 in PH2 last year, randomly enough. The way my revision's going I suspect I won't be adding to that come August.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?