The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
theunknown
WOW :eek:
how did u revise for those exams and when did u start revising for it?
i really want to get 100% in unit 1 and 3 of chemistry
im finding unit 2 so hard especially the organic chem stuff

I think that the best thing is to repeat and repeat past paper practise. When doing a paper, don't be discouraged from looking at the mark scheme - it's important to understand what they want. You just then cram the contents in and get higher speed.
It will simply speed you up, so, in the exam - you'll be able to do everything very quickly and have quite some time left to check whether you did any mistakes or not.

Works pretty well, especially in a science subject like maths.

I'm not sure if you could do that with any essay based subjects, though.
Reply 101
However hard you study, without past papers + mark schemes, you can't get the 100%s.
i totally agree...im going to start going through past papers for chemistry unit1 as i pretty much no the content, however unit 2..the organic stuff i dont understand and my teachers dont help much either..he tells us that organic chemistry is so easy..yeh right!!! :smile:
is unit 3 chemistry easy?
Reply 103
I have had 100%s in:
Biology modules 1, 2, 3, 5
Physics modules 1,2
and some 98 and 99%s in other exams.

Yep that boast has made me feel a wee bit better after a track rejection :p:
I've had a few 88-89/90s in bio/chem, and 95+ in 5 maths modules, yet never got 100% - friends always seem to here and there although I'm more consistant I've never got 100% in anything except PE AS and that doesn't really count...
Reply 105
theunknown
i totally agree...im going to start going through past papers for chemistry unit1 as i pretty much no the content, however unit 2..the organic stuff i dont understand and my teachers dont help much either..he tells us that organic chemistry is so easy..yeh right!!! :smile:
is unit 3 chemistry easy?

I dont want to scare you but A2 organic compared to AS is much much more challenging.

For unit3, if you like the practical stuff you will be ok
Reply 106
I got 100% in AQA Business Unit 4.

Not a massive achievement, but still something to show off about. :biggrin: Just kidding.

I actually did the same thing last year, although it was Unit 6, so the 120/120 was much more impressive than this 90/90. :p:
Reply 107
100% in general studies paper 1
~Adel~
I'll pay her 100pounds if she doesn't get into Oxbridge then. I don't quite think Oxbridge will reject someone who's within the top ten scorer in the world. My college has 2 world's top ten scorer in Economics and Chemistry last year, one went to Cambridge and the other went to LSE.

she?

it was a he lol.
Reply 109
100% in Business Studies AWA Unit 1
100% in Maths MEI OCR C2
99% in Maths MEI OCR C1 :biggrin:
i got 90/90 in BYA5 so yeah thats bio or chem.

Total of 6 100% modules so far... good stuff.
Reply 111
Surely there should be an option for 'no 100%'?
Reply 112
kimoso
Surely there should be an option for 'no 100%'?

I'm sorry...I should have added that option but I didn't realise at the time...hell if I could change it, I would :p:
Awww, I was so happy with my 100% in English till I realised everyone else on here had the same... ah wellllll :biggrin:
Reply 114
100/100 in Maths [C2] :smile: Only person to get it.
20 people in my college go 90/90 in an A2 psychology paper. Apparently the essay they were told would probably come up did and they all did well in it and then the grade boundaries were low as well.

I think it was PYB4 or PYA4... not sure which.
Reply 116
my friend just wanted me to post her weird results...

89/90 89/90 89/90 88/90. But somehow she's please about them. o__O?
Reply 117
yg110uk
my friend just wanted me to post her weird results...

89/90 89/90 89/90 88/90. But somehow she's please about them. o__O?

Why shouldnt she pleased about them? They are brilliant results....lol
Italian - 120/120; 90/90;
Maths - DI 100/100, M1 99/100
I had 100% in my History Resit. I was chufffed :smile:

Latest