Becoming a Teaching Assitant

Watch this thread
EmilyMayRussell
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I would like to become a teaching assistant after the end of my course. I will be a Cache Level 3 Childcare and education practitioner. When I look for jobs online, they talk about different levels of teaching assistants (e.g. level 1 to level 3 and them HLTA) . What level teaching assistant would I be? Would I have to take a teaching assistant course??

P.S. Quick question, would they employ me if I have not got my gcse maths yet and still studying ??
Joanna_Plater
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Im in the exact same position as you, especially with the GCSE Maths.

When i looked at apprenticeships for teaching assistants i stuck to level 2 or 3, i looked on the GOV.UK website though.
EmilyMayRussell
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Joanna_Plater)
Im in the exact same position as you, especially with the GCSE Maths.

When i looked at apprenticeships for teaching assistants i stuck to level 2 or 3, i looked on the GOV.UK website though.
I'll look on there - Im glad that im not the only one is this situation thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.21%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
11.7%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.32%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (16)
17.02%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
24.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
21.28%

Watched Threads