The Student Room Group

Holiday overlaps college starting date

Hi guys, just looking for some advice on what would happen.
Ihad my heart set on going to Uni so had a 10 day holiday booked with my friend starting on the 31st August. However, after doing my exams I’m almost positive that I have not met my conditions and needed a back up plan. I have applied for City of Glasgow college and got back within the day that I received an interview. But, the college starting date is the 27th.

Does this mean I have to cancel my holiday? Or can I keep my holiday and be allowed to miss a few lectures? I’m honestly stuck on what I should do.

(Yes, I know it was stupid of me to book a holiday on that date but what’s done is done)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nicolebazga
Hi guys, just looking for some advice on what would happen.
Ihad my heart set on going to Uni so had a 10 day holiday booked with my friend starting on the 31st August. However, after doing my exams I’m almost positive that I have not met my conditions and needed a back up plan. I have applied for City of Glasgow college and got back within the day that I received an interview. But, the college starting date is the 27th.

Does this mean I have to cancel my holiday? Or can I keep my holiday and be allowed to miss a few lectures? I’m honestly stuck on what I should do.

(Yes, I know it was stupid of me to book a holiday on that date but what’s done is done)

Talk to the college and explain the situation. You made the booking in good faith and now your plans are changed - it looks like you'd be able to attend most of your induction week so they might be ok with you going away after that as long as you can reassure them that you'll work your arse off to catch up

Quick Reply

Latest