Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, it's time. Good luck to everyone and hope it goes well for you. And do post your opinions and thoughts about the exam.

ReputationRep:
    well it’s going to go down like the titanic, if the biological approach comes up i’ll drown myself with the water i bring into the exam, this is going to be bad
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Fingers crossed for you guys! Let me know how it goes

Nurfan Suleman_4531

ReputationRep:
    OMG I Ioved this paper! I preferred it so much more to paper 1 which had way more ambiguous questions. The questions on paper 2 were very straight forward and very AO1 orientated

The sign test question was fairly straight forward when you thought about why it was appropriate

My answer included That the study measured a change in outcome under repeated measures design. The design clearly allows changes to be analysed in the same person in a valid way. It is important that Sign Test uses data that has been obtained using repeated measures

Data in the study was nominal meaning it could categorised.

The categories e.g ‘more helpful/less helpful/ same’ can easily be allocated signs. For example ‘more helpful is clearly a (+) change.

Anyways how did everyone find the paper. I am so HAPPPYYY THIS MARKS THE END OF MY PSYCHOLOGY JOURNEYYY as im dropping it to pick up further maths. Goodbyeee Grozoli et Terry and your pregnant women and goodddbyeee Bandura and your aggressive childrennnnn x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankiitch)
    OMG I Ioved this paper! I preferred it so much more to paper 1 which had way more ambiguous questions. The questions on paper 2 were very straight forward and very AO1 orientated

The sign test question was fairly straight forward when you thought about why it was appropriate

My answer included That the study measured a change in outcome under repeated measures design. The design clearly allows changes to be analysed in the same person in a valid way. It is important that Sign Test uses data that has been obtained using repeated measures

Data in the study was nominal meaning it could categorised.

The categories e.g ‘more helpful/less helpful/ same’ can easily be allocated signs. For example ‘more helpful is clearly a (+) change.

Anyways how did everyone find the paper. I am so HAPPPYYY THIS MARKS THE END OF MY PSYCHOLOGY JOURNEYYY as im dropping it to pick up further maths. Goodbyeee Grozoli et Terry and your pregnant women and goodddbyeee Bandura and your aggressive childrennnnn x
    Yes I agree! It went better then I thought. I enjoyed this paper more than the first but people in my school enjoyed the first! For the sign test question I also talked about the change in outcome and I talked about the critical value etc. The RM part was really good! I enjoyed the Pavlov question and the 12 marker on Beck and Ellis and the Terry+Grazioli 65 pregnant women! Haha good luck for your other exams! What other a levels do you do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Paper wasn’t too bad however I was surprised at the lack of Biopsychology questions and my college didn’t actually inform us that research methods is an individual section Cognitive explanations to depression Q was lovely as was the treatment to OCD q’s & the majority of psychopathology to be honest. Sign test question tripped me up but I did write about nominal data & repeated measures There also seems to be a suspicious amount of questions on secretly watching children from aqa How did you all link the Pavlov question to the relevance it has to humans?

ReputationRep:
    Also, what did everyone put for the Wundt questions???

ReputationRep:
    when I saw that question I wanted to DIE, I just spoke about how he was the first psychologist and carrying out perceptional experiments to illustrate the involvement of the cognitive processes and stuff reallyyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what came up/exam questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FernD234)
    Also, what did everyone put for the Wundt questions???
    I wrote about how he used the method of introspection to make psychology a science and I also explained his methods.

ReputationRep:
    he opened the first psychology laboratory in Germany
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flippywop)
    I wrote about how he used the method of introspection to make psychology a science and I also explained his methods.
    Yeah I did the same, and how he separated psychology from its deeper philosophical roots making it credible as a science etc

ReputationRep:
    It was all going fine until the 12 marker, if it was the cognitive approach to ocd I would have been okay, but depression??!!! I had NO idea what to write so just waffled on about the worry circuit knowing damn well it was wrong but it was worth a chance😂😂 I heard afterwards we were supposed to write about the ABC Ellis thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chanellepaige)
    It was all going fine until the 12 marker, if it was the cognitive approach to ocd I would have been okay, but depression??!!! I had NO idea what to write so just waffled on about the worry circuit knowing damn well it was wrong but it was worth a chance😂😂 I heard afterwards we were supposed to write about the ABC Ellis thing
    Mate, there isn't a cognitive explanation for OCD in our spec. Cognitive characteristics yes but not an explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chanellepaige)
    Yeah it was about Ellis’ ABC model, Becks 3 core processes of depression with faulty info processing, negative self schemas & the negative triad etc. Then AO3 were things like Becks theory giving the basis to CBT, how it doesn’t successfully explain all aspects of depression and so on. Ah well If you think it was okay up to there I’m sure you’ll be okay and if not it’s only AS so not the end of the world

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the grade boundaries are going to be this year? the same or is it going to be lower because they did that last year

ReputationRep:
    Can someone write the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilly098)
    Can someone write the questions
    yeah please it would be helpful

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone write the questions out? I would really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    HeY, if any of you guys want to buy some AS & A2 psychology notes pls message me - only £2 per topic for the AQA spec

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 19, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.