Do me a favour? Watch

paperclip
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
compare and contrast the representation of good and evil between childrens and adults films with specific reference to the chronicles of narnia, lord of the rings and 300

it's a media studies question, i need to collect other people view's on this as well, has anyone got any input?

to the mods: probably should be in the academic help section but posted here because i'll probably get more replies, move it if you feel it's necessary

merci
Sandhu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
...Are you serious?

Who do you think can be arsed to do this on a Saturday? :p:
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
in kids films good always wins
kage_maziki
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
... I can see things are going well Paperclip.

I doubt i'll be able to get this question done with primary research like this. Oh well, it was worth a try.

"Is Michael gay??" LOL

see you on monday.

KM
Nadinus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm doing the same coursework as you. Was that a question you chose or did your teacher set you it?

Also if I were you I would decide on very specific things you are going to discuss. For example, have a section just on textual analysis and the effect of certain aspects. You could also talk about to what extent audiences engage with the values and ideologies shown in the films; how the icons which represent good and evil fit in with other aspects of society...To be honest I think it's kinda broad because not only are you comparing different audiences but different texts.

But hm good luck doing it!
Vesta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
paperface, you'll get no serious responses in chat :p:
paperclip
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
haha, that's what i love about chat vesta

nadinus- i chose it, thanks for the advice
qubog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
errr how about all 3 films contain characters that exist as a form of pure malevolence; contradicting the smaltzy view normally taken by cinema that there is good and evil in all of us; rather, there exists in all 3 films a view of childhood innocence (the kids in narnia, hobbits in lotr, leonidas' son in 300) and shows how outside forces corrupt the natural innocence of children. so all 3 films represent an opposing view to the christian idea of original sin, strange in the case of narnia actually as there was a lot of christian undertones and what have you.

or maybe not, i never did film studies myself lol
kage_maziki
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by qubog)
errr how about all 3 films contain characters that exist as a form of pure malevolence; contradicting the smaltzy view normally taken by cinema that there is good and evil in all of us; rather, there exists in all 3 films a view of childhood innocence (the kids in narnia, hobbits in lotr, leonidas' son in 300) and shows how outside forces corrupt the natural innocence of children. so all 3 films represent an opposing view to the christian idea of original sin, strange in the case of narnia actually as there was a lot of christian undertones and what have you.

or maybe not, i never did film studies myself lol
Me likes this!! *takes notes*

KM
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.51%
No (556)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (188)
20.59%

Watched Threads