Wanting to resit A-levels (in year 13) Watch

cherrubchild
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This year my mental heath has gone rapidly downhill. My grades have suffered and I'm trying my best to do well for my exams next month. HOWEVER, I know that there will be little chance of some miracle.
I've been doing some research into different options i.e. clearing etc. and found lots of people who have had similar difficulties deciding to repeat the year. This seems like a good option for me, as I wouldn't feel prepared to go to uni without knowing I've tried my hardest in my A-levels to get the top marks I want.
While researching this option, I've also found the complex issues involved. Unlike others, I can't retake them in the school I am currently in, as my parents are struggling financially. However, it seems my best option is to go to an independent sixth form college to do a fast-tracked course. I know I would be 100% willing to put the work in, but I could only go if I got some sort of bursary or scholarship (art-wise).
Felling very lost at the moment. Could anyone please share some insight into how I could go about this, or any school recommendations?
(all would be greatly appreciated)
THANKYOU xxxxx
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cherrubchild)
This year my mental heath has gone rapidly downhill. My grades have suffered and I'm trying my best to do well for my exams next month. HOWEVER, I know that there will be little chance of some miracle.
I've been doing some research into different options i.e. clearing etc. and found lots of people who have had similar difficulties deciding to repeat the year. This seems like a good option for me, as I wouldn't feel prepared to go to uni without knowing I've tried my hardest in my A-levels to get the top marks I want.
While researching this option, I've also found the complex issues involved. Unlike others, I can't retake them in the school I am currently in, as my parents are struggling financially. However, it seems my best option is to go to an independent sixth form college to do a fast-tracked course. I know I would be 100% willing to put the work in, but I could only go if I got some sort of bursary or scholarship (art-wise).
Felling very lost at the moment. Could anyone please share some insight into how I could go about this, or any school recommendations?
(all would be greatly appreciated)
THANKYOU xxxxx
You cant do it at your current school because it's fee paying and too expensive?

I am not sure why some other sixth form college would be willing to or wnat to take you unless it was for money i.e you pay them? You can always check their web pages, but am not sure what extra you have to offer?

You suggest you wnat to do the resits in year 13? Does that mean you took them in year 12 i.e you did them early?

Imo your options are more likely to do a correpsondence course or teach yourself. You might find a school to accept you if you are under 18.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.82%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (397)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.08%

Watched Threads