friendship - not what it used to be Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
pls keep anon. some frienz of mine use this forum...

I started uni last september..and met a couple of guy (boys and girls) and made friends. Since then we tend to stick as group most of the time at uni. I usually help them with some of their uni work or even advice them when they do have relationship problems and such...Im like trying to be a good friend...but i never asked anything in return until...

for about two times now i've asked these guys to join me to go to a couple of parties they always say yes every single time...but when it comes to the last minute when im ready to go for the party they txt me giving some bull**** reason... they've been bit**in about how im not throwing a house party..they've been complaining since last november...so i thought of finally giving one so me and my four flatmats did throw one last night and we all invited our friends...

my so called firends bit** slapped me again by either saying they are coming and at the last minute onc the party has started they give their sorry excuses. or they just simply dont come without even saying a word....not being courteous to a friend thats waht i think....

i mean is ir worth continuing such a friendship with these guys?..i feel so embarassed last night since i was the only guy at the party without anyone....

What should i DO?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Get new reliable friends. I hate people who cancel at the last minute without proper reasons.
glowstix
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Confront them with what they are doing, and if they give a stupid reason, then you really should just find some new friends who are more reliable...
I appreciate how it would be hard to make new friends especially when you've settled into university etc, but there's so many people to meet at uni, so hopefully you'll find some fab new ones
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
it jsut feels so depressing sometimes...do u think this friendship is worth it?...and should I confront them about it or just start avoiding them? tanks for the replies guys appreciate it
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
if you would still like them as friends then confront them about it. maybe they will change. if they dont get out of there
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't push them away altogether, but I would make plans with other people from now on. Just stop trying so hard with them and see them when you see them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads