The Student Room Group

Gcse maths

How many marks in all 3 papers do I need to get a c (4-5) ?
Reply 1
last year for me it was:
4:32
5:70
6:108
7:144
8:186
9:216

something along those lines
Hello thank you for replying to me I really appreciate it .
If you don’t mind me asking what grade did you get ?
Also are you saying grade 4 is 32 out of 240 sounds a little bit weird .
Do you remember your teacher telling you ?
Reply 3
I got a 7 which when I got to college was 52% the boundaries were very low because our papers were quite difficult (I don't want to scare you), but a 7 is an A, I think coz it was a new spec, the boundaries were very low for a pass, I'm just going off the average boundaries for the grade 4, I just know it was insanely low
Sorry could you explain what you mean by insanely low ? What exactly does that mean as I am doing the foundation paper this year
Reply 5
ooh you're on foundation!? sorry I assumed you were on higher, I'm not 100% sure about the foundation paper, my guess is around 70-75% for a 5 depending on how hard it will be
Yeah I am doing foundation there are three papers I just wanted to know like how much you need in total for a pass
Reply 7
I would imagine about 50-60% for a 4, it's hard to judge because I did higher and the boundaries were so much lower over the 3 papers
Was it a good thing that it was lower or nah also what does 50-60% mean ? Is that a good thing
Reply 9
it was a very good thing! and the 50-60% is the marks across the 3 papers which I assume is still out of 240?
Original post by Keisha shadè
How many marks in all 3 papers do I need to get a c (4-5) ?

The higher paper last year was ridiculously hard for a GCSE, hence the low grade boundaries. This year foundation maths looks like it will be much easier so somewhere in the vicinity of 75% will get you a 5 :smile:
Reply 11
yehh I agree, last year was a hard set of papers, I was so annoyed I ran out of time on paper 2 and missed 4 questions! only managed to get a 7 in the end, I was predicted 9s haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending