GCSE AQA Triple Chemistry Higher Paper 2018 Watch

Namakii
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
How did everyone find the paper? Personally I felt that it was quite difficult was this just me?
harry280502
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Namakii)
How did everyone find the paper? Personally I felt that it was quite difficult was this just me?
the maths in it was quite difficult, the six markers were fine tho
marinemma
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
In the spec they said we didn't have to learn stuff about Chadwick's discoveries.....uh, AQA?! What were they playing at?
Namakii
Rep:
?
(Original post by harry280502)
the maths in it was quite difficult, the six markers were fine tho
Yeah, I think the six markers were okay but I didn't expect the amount of topic 3 maths questions. Do you think the grade boundaries will be okay?
Namakii
Rep:
?
(Original post by saxophonemma)
In the spec they said we didn't have to learn stuff about Chadwick's discoveries.....uh, AQA?! What were they playing at?
Yeah I know what you mean the only thing I really knew was that he was partly responsible for the discovery of neutrons
busterw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Quantitative chemistry is my fav. unit so I was glad those questions were... in abundance?I missed out crystallisation when i was doing revision but i could remember there was a dish involved. I ended up writing about how magnesium is cultured in agar jelly in a petri dish xD.YIKES
harry280502
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yeah, I think the six markers were okay but I didn't expect the amount of topic 3 maths questions. Do you think the grade boundaries will be okay?
i think they will be quite low as it is the first year but it wasnt a really hard test. im not even sure tbh
Namakii
Rep:
?
(Original post by busterw)
Quantitative chemistry is my fav. unit so I was glad those questions were... in abundance?I missed out crystallisation when i was doing revision but i could remember there was a dish involved. I ended up writing about how magnesium is cultured in agar jelly in a petri dish xD.YIKES
Ahhh, quantitative chemistry confuses me so much xD that's the main reason why I'm so worried.
Namakii
Rep:
?
i think they will be quite low as it is the first year but it wasnt a really hard test. im not even sure tbh
Well fingers crossed then.
5000yellow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I wouldn’t say it was super hard but yea challenging
llortegarevaru
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by mathschemistry)
I thought there were a few hard questions but I'm mainly kicking myself about not dividing the concentration question at the end by 2. What questions did you find particularly difficult?
I did the same, how many marks will we lose?
Namakii
Rep:
?
I thought there were a few hard questions but I'm mainly kicking myself about not dividing the concentration question at the end by 2. What questions did you find particularly difficult?
Well it's mainly the fact that I'm not good at quantitative chemistry and that it featured on the exam so heavily.
mathschemistry
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by llortegarevaru)
I did the same, how many marks will we lose?
If we've done all the method properly then I'd say only about 1 or 2
5000yellow
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yeah I know what you mean the only thing I really knew was that he was partly responsible for the discovery of neutrons
All ya needed to say was he found that atoms contained a neutral charge in an atom and he named it neutrons he also found it was located in the nucleus of an atom with protons.
5000yellow
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
They should be low around 23-25 marks for a level 5 as it was pretty difficult, and like you said first year of new spec.
Any Beanz
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
why did u hav to divide by 2 and wat was your final answer? and Was this the titration question?
Blt2001
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey, what did you guys get for the very last question about the mass of sodium hydroxide I think. I got 0.125g but everyone I asked said they got 0.126?
baffed
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Okay apart from the fact that I forgot about the existence of titrations 🙃 also do yall know how many marks that pH question was I wrote 1 when it’s 5 😐
DK18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by 5000yellow)
They should be low around 23-25 marks for a level 5 as it was pretty difficult, and like you said first year of new spec.
Based on this what do you think 9/8/7 will be? Sorry just want to know what people think
Namakii
Rep:
?
(Original post by baffed)
Okay apart fro mother fact that I forgot about the existence of titrations 🙃 also do yall know how many marks that pH question was I wrote 1 when it’s 5 😐
Only think it was one or two may be wrong tho. Yeah there's a bit of a debate about the answer in my school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads