Geography, biology and maths or chemistry?

Watch
Jamiehou
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I'm a first year college student (year 12) and am studying geography and 2 art subjects. I've recently decided to drop the 2 art subjects as they were piss easy and just isn't what I want to pursue as a career in the future. I will now be studying biology and either maths or chemistry.

I need help in deciding which would be more suitable for me and are they both really that hard? I got an A at Maths GCSE and really did enjoy maths but everyone is dropping it and saying not too do it. In terms of chemistry, I never really focused much on it, biology was always my favourite but I would prefer chemistry over physics.
Matilda612
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you asked people why they have dropped Maths?
It all depends on the person honestly, maths takes a lot of work, independent revision and practice. (Which is what most people in A level can't seem to do)
Why don't you look at a few past papers and a textbook before you decide wether you want it or not.

About the biology thing, why don't you just do A level biolgoy if you love it so much or is your future career engineering?
monkeyboy18000
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jamiehou)
Hi, I'm a first year college student (year 12) and am studying geography and 2 art subjects. I've recently decided to drop the 2 art subjects as they were kiss essy and just isn't what I want to pursue as a career in the future. I will now be studying biology and either maths or chemistry.

I need help in deciding which would be more suitable for me and are they both really that hard? I got an A at Maths GCSE and really did enjoy maths but everyone is dropping it and saying not too do it. In terms of chemistry, I never really focused much on it, biology was always my favourite but I would prefer chemistry over physics.
Maths any day over chemistry!! I dropped chemistry a level despite me getting an A* in GCSE for chemistry and an A in GCSE Maths.

They're both tough subjects but it is so much easier to get a higher grade in Maths than in Chemistry. Mark my words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jamiehou
Rep:
?
(Original post by Matilda612)
Have you asked people why they have dropped Maths?
It all depends on the person honestly, maths takes a lot of work, independent revision and practice. (Which is what most people in A level can't seem to do)
Why don't you look at a few past papers and a textbook before you decide wether you want it or not.

About the biology thing, why don't you just do A level biolgoy if you love it so much or is your future career engineering?
I haven't asked, but it just puts me off because they all got 8s and 9s (A* and A**) and they're saying it's so hard and onlqy got an A. I will look at textbooks and past papers though thank you.

In terms of biology, I will definitely be doing biology but because I'm also doing an art subject I just feel like it's pointless? So doing maths or chemistry would definitely open up my options for the future, if you see what I mean.
Jamiehou
Rep:
?
(Original post by monkeyboy18000)
Maths any day over chemistry!! I dropped chemistry a level despite me getting an A* in GCSE for chemistry and an A in GCSE Maths.

They're both tough subjects but it is so much easier to get a higher grade in Maths than in Chemistry. Mark my words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you haha, I'm pretty sure I'll take up maths instead then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise