mathschemistry
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone have any advice on how to revise the poems?
Carlajoint
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mind maps
mathschemistry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Carlajoint)
Mind maps
Thanks
13harryl
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Literally just going through each one and writing notes about different quotes / techniques /ideas helps quotes stick in your memory. You could listen to them on youtube or spotify. I'm learning 4 of the easier ones like London, but you don't have to. As long as you know like 6 poems in detail that cover all the themes, and perhaps 3 quotes from the others to cover yourself. Learn 2 or 3 bits of context for every poem, know who the poets are and when they wrote (I'm pretty sure time counts as context, though I'm not sure). Shmoop and Genius are quite good for analysis. I'm doing eduqas, so perhaps some of that is irrelevent. I was really worried too, but I've realised I actually know them a lot better than I thought after just reading them and thinking about them.
mathschemistry
Rep:
?
(Original post by 13harryl)
Literally just going through each one and writing notes about different quotes / techniques /ideas helps quotes stick in your memory. You could listen to them on youtube or spotify. I'm learning 4 of the easier ones like London, but you don't have to. As long as you know like 6 poems in detail that cover all the themes, and perhaps 3 quotes from the others to cover yourself. Learn 2 or 3 bits of context for every poem, know who the poets are and when they wrote (I'm pretty sure time counts as context, though I'm not sure). Shmoop and Genius are quite good for analysis. I'm doing eduqas, so perhaps some of that is irrelevent. I was really worried too, but I've realised I actually know them a lot better than I thought after just reading them and thinking about them.
Thanks! this helps me out so much, i was feeling a little stuck.
MimiElf
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you tried using Seneca Learning? https://senecalearning.com/ Has helped me a lot . If it covers your poems I'd definitely recommend it! Helps you understand and remember, giving great analysis and key quotes
sdmnella
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Revise poems by theme:
For example, I do AQA Love and Relationships so I would split them into themes like:
Parent/Child relationships
Desire
Conflict
Distance
Romantic
Carlajoint
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mathschemistry)
Does anyone have any advice on how to revise the poems?
I used mindmaps
mandyflower
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
using the raps and songs from youtube helped me alot. I have used them to revise about 4 poems by heart
mathschemistry
Rep:
?
(Original post by MimiElf)
Have you tried using Seneca Learning? https://senecalearning.com/ Has helped me a lot . If it covers your poems I'd definitely recommend it! Helps you understand and remember, giving great analysis and key quotes
I've just started to use it, it was an excellent suggestion. Do you think I should supplement it with other methods?
13harryl
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're very welcome Seneca is also brilliant as someone else mentioned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.86%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
45.08%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.75%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.32%

Watched Threads