Gcse aqa french writing 2018 Watch

peeked
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Did anyone else pick 2.1 for the second question? I did the money one as I thought that was easier but I feel like no one else did
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
bcapon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by peeked)
Did anyone else pick 2.1 for the second question? I did the money one as I thought that was easier but I feel like no one else did
Did 2.1 as well, I talked about the importance of money at different stages of your life to get the tenses in. For example when you were younger it was less important as your parents gave you everything but now you need a small job, and in the future a full time one. I've only heard of people talk about money being necessary to live
peeked
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by bcapon)
Did 2.1 as well, I talked about the importance of money at different stages of your life to get the tenses in. For example when you were younger it was less important as your parents gave you everything but now you need a small job, and in the future a full time one. I've only heard of people talk about money being necessary to live
That’s sounds really good, I talked about how I thought money was important and last year I got a job and earned lots of money which allowed me to buy lots of things. I then said that I watched a documentary on Monday about homeless people which made me realise the importance of money.
Then for the second part I talked about how I went shopping with my parents (for bullet point 2) and then to add future tenses I put how I’m going to shopping on the weekend
neauwindowpane
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Could someone confirm what the bullet points were for the 16 Mark holiday q??? Having a panic rn
BAAAAAAA
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by cyclonedrone)
I Feel like i am going to flop this exam. I tried going through a few things and i looked at the specimen paper and i was not able to write that much. Probably like a few sentences that were so basic. :/
gRADE BOUNDARIES 8/9?
Iahmed512
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Salem2012)
The foundation listening speaking and reading was kinda easy. I need a 4/5 in French so I am aiming for half marks in each paper at least.
Half marks won't even get you a 4 in foundation. I'm doing foundation too. If you found it easy you must have got a lot more than half marks. I found them all quite easy so hopefully I can get a 5.
Em_halfpenny
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Salem2012)
The foundation listening speaking and reading was kinda easy. I need a 4/5 in French so I am aiming for half marks in each paper at least.
Good to hear - the Higher listening was absolutely solid. I’ve been getting grade 7s in French and my friend is getting 8s and we thought it was terrible. Hopefully the exam board will average our score with the other 3 aspects of the French GCSE.
Cakecupcake
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yep and then i linked it to homelessness and how its important to give money etc
peeked
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Cakecupcake)
Yep and then i linked it to homelessness and how its important to give money etc
Yeah I wrote ‘j’ai regardé le documentaire sur le sans abri et je me suis rendu compte que l’argent est important’ - I watched a documentary on homeless people and I realised money is important. I hope that made grammatical sense and all that
Yeet99999
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
for the higher paper what were the 90 word questions?
redmeercat
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey, I got an 8 in French last year, so the below worked for me:
- learn your vocab! Memrise and Quizlet and good for this, but basically you can't do anything without vocab to use. seriously, do vocab at least 3 days per week.
- try to use at least 5 tenses if you can- perfect, imperfect, present, simple future, conditional (and near future if you can!). you can practice these tenses throughout the year .. none of them are that complicated if you practice using them and mark and improve your sentences.
- you don't need to use the subjunctive mood... focus on learning the other tenses and then learn some subjunctive phrases if you have time afterwards. but I don't think I used any in my exam!
- Manipulate the question so you can answer it. e.g. in my exam I wasn't sure about writing the 150 mark question from a student's perspective, so I wrote from a teacher's perspective. You don't have to be honest you just have to speak French.
- use the words from the question to start you off.
- Learn connective phrases, e.g. meme si = even if, cependant = however.
- make sure you understand the question and answer it fully.
mathslover27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I did higher but it was still pretty decent topics, got holidays and then like ‘the important of money and shopping’ which sound hard but I found it alright
Hey was the importance of money and shopping for the 150 words or 90 words ?
Mimikench
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mathslover27)
Hey was the importance of money and shopping for the 150 words or 90 words ?
it would be 150 word task because the 90 has 4 bullet points
H.billi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by neauwindowpane)Could someone confirm what the bullet points were for the 16 Mark holiday q??? Having a panic rn

(Original post by neauwindowpane)
Could someone confirm what the bullet points were for the 16 Mark holiday q??? Having a panic rn
Hi can you please tell me what the question was? like what about holidays? thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads