Does anyone have a good critical analysis of the poem 'She Walks in Beauty'?

Watch
anactualmess
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
There isn't very much regarding it online, please help!
charmortt
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
The poem ‘She Walks in Beauty’ explores the concept of beauty in both its physical and metaphysical nature, following the Romantic convention of the enlightenment poet 6th baron George Gordon, Lord Byron. The beauty described within the poem is that of a woman in which the persona, supposedly Byron himself, is in complete awe of. Though the poem may be interpreted as one about love and attraction towards the aesthetic, the consistent balance of parallels in this short lyrical verse insinuate that this is rather a portrayal of admiration, in the acknowledgement of the poet’s encounter with something he views as an idealistic form of aesthetic perfection. Beyond Byron’s desire to express the physical beauty of the woman, in the Romantic manner of deeper thought he links his admiration for the unnamed woman’s appearance to the sublimity of nature through frequent analogies, thus expressing also her metaphysical allure and a sense of internalised grace, reconciling this with the consistency and fairness of nature to create a feeling of harmony in the idyllic- reflecting both the Romantic nature of the poem and his own personal tranquillity in observing the woman
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (117)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (94)
27.25%
No (91)
26.38%
I'm not sure (43)
12.46%

Watched Threads