The Student Room Group

18 and my parents wont let me have sex with my boyfriend?!!

So im 18 and my mum said that she doesnt want me to have sex with him because he is my first boyfriend... She said i should only do it when i finish uni... is this right?

Scroll to see replies

listen to ur mom
Sounds fair, I mean it's not like she's restricting you from it full stop. As he's your first she's probably saying that so you'll focus more as people tend to get very attached to their first.
Original post by Anonymous
So im 18 and my mum said that she doesnt want me to have sex with him because he is my first boyfriend... She said i should only do it when i finish uni... is this right?

Your parents have no control over you. She can tell you she doesn't want you to, but she has no authority to force you not to. You do what you want. As long as you're safe, protected etc. then there's no reason why you shouldn't have sex with him.

The fact that u ask ur mums permission to have sex is quite unusual especially when ur 18
Depends how long you've know him for.
Reply 6
Nope. Tell her to mind her own business.
Do what you want, if you feel you’re ready do it at his house and use a condom lol
They don't have to know.
Reply 9
You're 18, if you want to have sex you legally can without her permission, she only has as much say as you let her have.
Reply 10
It's your choice, she doesn't need to hold your hand while you do it either.
Surely she isn't literally holding your pants up? She may not approve and may try and cockblock you while at home, but at Uni/Boyfriend's house, she can't stop you :h:
sir, if you intend on engaging in the sekusu, you require 99 sneak.
Have you asked your mum when she had sex for the first time? When was it? Who was it with? What was it like?

To get an understanding of where she's coming from.
Once you have perspective on that, it should give you guidance as to whether to follow her advice or not.

If I were your father I'd be giving you the opposite advice to your mother. But that's just my views on what you should be learning about at uni - where the non-academic stuff (learning to live like an adult) is more important than the academic.
Original post by mynamesumz
wait why tf is this on student. Can we just talk about educational things coz i got a gcse exam tmrw jeeeeeez.
This is the Relationship section of the forum. For GCSE chat there's the GCSE section available via the tab near the top of your screen.

Good luck for tomorrow. Although you'll largely be making your own luck with tomorrow's exam.
Original post by anonymous69gcse
The fact that u ask ur mums permission to have sex is quite unusual especially when ur 18

I didnt ask for her permission...
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Have you asked your mum when she had sex for the first time? When was it? Who was it with? What was it like?

To get an understanding of where she's coming from.
Once you have perspective on that, it should give you guidance as to whether to follow her advice or not.

If I were your father I'd be giving you the opposite advice to your mother. But that's just my views on what you should be learning about at uni - where the non-academic stuff (learning to live like an adult) is more important than the academic.

She said that she experienced having boyfriends at my age... I doubt she didn’t have sex then. She’s just worried about me getting pregnant and I understand that. But using contraception to prevent this shouldnt be a problem.
Depends how long you've know him for.

Ive know him for about 6 months now. We just started dating 2 months ago...
You're 18. She has no right to dictate whether you have sex or not.
She said that she experienced having boyfriends at my age... I doubt she didn’t have sex then. She’s just worried about me getting pregnant and I understand that. But using contraception to prevent this shouldnt be a problem.
Did you have this discussion with her since starting this thread? If so I sense that the 2 of you may be coming to more of an accord on this? Which is good.

She realises it's hypocritical of her to advise you not to have sex now. And you both agree on the contraception.

Yes, it is very wise to be thorough on the contraception. As well as being sensible in the choice of partners regarding STI's. And being prepared for the worst. What happens if you do get pregnant? It wouldn't be the end of the world. But it would help if the father was marriage / very long term partner material. As well as him being the sort of man that would be a good father. But what the hell, why am I saying all this? You're not stupid and neither is your mum. You know all this already.

Enjoy yout time at Uni. It will be a great period in your life. As well as setting you up for the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending