Career or kids?

Watch this thread
daizu
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This isn’t a question about gender roles or anything, just for you personally, would you focus on your career and not have kids or have kids but be less senior at work?

I’m just curious to what people my age think about this

(Personally I’d put my career over my kids and not have them at all lmao)
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Kids (having a family is really important to me, we haven't figured out all the details but it's likely I ll take my full maternity leave whilst my husband goes back to work as I earn less).
username3972914
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i'm going to have both.
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
21. I'd value kids before a career. You work so that you can live, not the other way round.
Dheorl
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I have no interest in kids, just don't see why I'd want them, so by default career would come first.
Kakemono
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Career over children
Abcdefghijk123
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Kids, always has been.

Not 100% sure what career I want yet though, I’m currently looking into being a health visitor. I’m thinking of having only one child, in which case it’ll be a lot easier to balance the two. But if push came to shove and I had to prioritise one, it would always be the child.

If I was to have 4 children, then my career would take a complete backseat. I would probably work part time as a nursery nurse.
ridaa.xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
career before kids because the way i see it i'd want to make a life for myself before bringing children into it.
pjrodarte339
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
probably children over career although it's still too early to say
ioWolfdinii
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Career all the way fam.
dartagnankillian
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I am actually undecided 🤔 I’m not obsessed with being my own boss and being rich, it’s just I know the job I want will make me happy and if I gave it up (to an extent) for kids I might resent them and myself for it 🤷🏽*♀️ who knows hopefully I’ll have a s.o who works from home
username3912246
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Probably career first then follow by kids . Not that I don’t like children , in fact I do love them a lot however having a career is important as you need to support your child . These days is really hard to earn money though . However it’s too early to say ..... haha I am only 17 .
username1799249
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I used to be very ambitious. But careers are over rated. What having a senior career means is that yes, you earn shed loads of money but also work your entire waking time. So you have lots of money but no time to spend it. And you certainly won't be happy. I have just done a career change and am happier. It is interesting that most of my peers are equally unhappy in their careers.
Ice cream
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Only Normies have to choose.
Emma:-)
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Id choose a career.
I might have kids later on. But id rather have some money saved up, be financially stable etc before having them.
Luke5125
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by daizu)
This isn’t a question about gender roles or anything, just for you personally, would you focus on your career and not have kids or have kids but be less senior at work?

Who the fu k wants kids anyway?
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by daizu)

i would have those little cuties and work!!!!
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Luke5125)
Who the fu k wants kids anyway?
your mum
PusE
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I do not want children, ever.
I would like to focus on myself, better myself both professionally and personally. In my opinion, having children would hold me back in doing the things I want to. Some people would call me selfish for thinking this way, to which I will put my hand up and claim that title gladly

In addition, there are plenty of children in the world already, I don’t NEED to add more children into this world. Another reason is, I do not want that responsibility.
mabelchiltern
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
career. but i do want to adopt. at the same time kids are a bit ugly but money isn't
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (81)
66.94%
No (29)
23.97%
I didn't use it to prepare (11)
9.09%

Watched Threads