The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Irukandji
I'd like a pirate-themed wedding. Harrrr.

i've actually been to a pirate themed wedding and it kicked ass. sucked for the guests though cuz they had to look like compelte ***** whereas the bride and groom had custom made outfits in the budget and looked really great.
Me, her, and this beach:

Reply 22
I'd like there to be a man involved. Any takers? I'd make an excellent housewife. I can cook, arrange flowers and give you a blowjob that will make your eyes roll back so far into your head... :biggrin:
Reply 23
My ideal wedding:
Um i dont know i'd say a traditonal church wedding at my local church that ive been going to since i was 4. Horse drawn carriage, blue flowers and a very pretty dress and my soul mate (yes im hopelessly romantic) and with my dad giving me away.. and all my good friends and family.
Reply 24
My Ideal Wedding

- At the church I grew up going to
- With my priest
- Traditional white dress
- Reception at some gorgeous country grounds
- Either a jazz band playing or swing.. something lively but can be mellow
- Only close family and friends, small
- With my boyfriend!!
I'd want to plan it with the person I was marrying, after all it would be just as much their wedding too.

One rule set in stone though even now, no to fruit cake but marzipan can stay.
Segat1
I'd like there to be a man involved. Any takers? I'd make an excellent housewife. I can cook, arrange flowers and give you a blowjob that will make your eyes roll back so far into your head... :biggrin:

cook me a meal, arrange my garden give me a blowjob...........and then il decide

sound fair?:p: :biggrin:
Reply 27
My bf loves planning little details of our wedding if ever we do.
- Not in a church because neither of us are religious, but in a venue near the countryside, or just somewhere with pretty surroundings
- Cream dress with maybe some purple accessories
- Black suits with purple details
- Dark purple bridesmaids dresses
- Only close friends and family come to the ceremony and meal with melon or soup for starters, chicken or salmon for main, and choc/cheesecake for pudding with ice cream and lots of champers.
- Invite the rest of the family for the night time do, otherwise ther would be hassle and i want an easy life :smile:, with buffet and some kind of band.
Up to a luxurious honeymoon suite and then jetting off to somewhere warm for a couple of weeks
Oh and white gold/platinum rings with a diamond.

Gosh that seems well too planned haha :smile:
Maybe like this:

But with me and the groom rather than these two nice Google people. I like the whole beach thing.
Bright and sunny would be nice.
kidintheriot
Maybe like this:

But with me and the groom rather than these two nice Google people. I like the whole beach thing.
Bright and sunny would be nice.

that looks nice, but call me stupid I hate travelling so would like to find a nice sunny UK beach with nice scenery(hard to find lol) or maybe just a local small town church, im not religious in fact im anti religion in many aspects, but just want a small church to invite my parents, brother, maybe grandparents, most of my cousins (bar 1 and my aunt as she said evil things about my family)

Then once we are married just stand there and cuddle her in front of everyone for ages(though that would be difficult lol)
Reply 30
I don't know how the brides manage in that show, you couldn't entrust picking your wedding dress to anyone else really, could you?!

I would love to get married at a beautiful stately home - ideally in the gardens, or a big gothic-y church-esque but not an actual church type room. I think I'd go for a marquee for the reception, and have a jazz/swing band and a cheesy discotheque :biggrin: The dress would have to be an ivory, off-the-shoulder affair (so much nicer than strapless ones) with a corset-type bodice and a huge big full skirt. It'd have to be a June wedding too!

And Pachelbel's Canon to walk down the aisle :biggrin:
EarlHickey
that looks nice, but call me stupid I hate travelling so would like to find a nice sunny UK beach with nice scenery

I'd quite like America, the Maldives, Italy or East Africa. Not too choosy. :biggrin:
kidintheriot
I'd quite like America, the Maldives, Italy or East Africa. Not too choosy. :biggrin:

I just like spending time in Britain even though seconds later Id say Id hate it.

Still better than horrible America though.

Mainly as my parents were poor due to my dads accident as a kid so my parents did full time voluntary work so my holidays meant going to the local seaside 20 miles away once a year free from social services though in later years it became 3 or 4 times a year or as much as 10 and I loved it, would of even been given the chalet free when they were going to scrap it but bad weather destroyed it days before, grrr.
EarlHickey
I just like spending time in Britain even though seconds later Id say Id hate it.

Still better than horrible America though.

Mainly as my parents were poor due to my dads accident as a kid so my parents did full time voluntary work so my holidays meant going to the local seaside 20 miles away once a year free from social services though in later years it became 3 or 4 times a year or as much as 10 and I loved it, would of even been given the chalet free when they were going to scrap it but bad weather destroyed it days before, grrr.

Sounds nice, apart from the bad weather bit.

Yeah I've only been abroad twice, never to America, Italy or Africa, but I'd really like to see those places and they seem good wedding locations.
A fairly long time to go yet though. :p:
I'd like it to be in a little village, in the middle of a field.
I want one of those arches with flowers round it.

A marquee for the food might be good....
Just me and the guy that I love. Somewhere beautiful, in the nature. But I suppose you can't really get married without someone marrying you... It's just that I don't like the thought of having people watching me getting married... and how to explain it. It's just such an intimate moment I'd feel uncomfortable with loads of people around. And then we could have a big party afterwards with good food and music. Not a traditional wedding reception though.
Cotswold church with as many people as I/he can fit in
Male vicar with a traditional service and hymns
Beautiful old car to drive to and from the church
White/cream dress for me, morning suits and top hats for the men, dark green bridesmaids' dresses
Reception in a country house - a 3 course lunch
Swing band
Going away outfits
2 week honey moon on a beach somewhere in the Indian ocean
Gift list from John Lewis
Well we've talked about it and we'd like to be getting married on Oahu in Hawaii, with just my immediate famly there, but more of his family there. Just a plain wedding on the beach. And then we'd have a big reception back in England. Probably just hire out a room at our local working men's club.
Reply 38
My ideal wedding would be small and humble. To me, the important part is knowing someone cares enough to devote their life to me - not fancy dresses and spending thousands of pounds that could just as easily go towards a down payment on a house. It's too much. Weddings should be about the marriage, not the wedding day. I imagine I'm the odd girl out with this perspective though.
*pitseleh*
The quote wouldn't work because you missed out a forward slash. :smile:

Apparently bluebell bouquets can be tricky, as they don't have a very long life-span once they're plucked out of the ground - my mum reckons they would probably wilt by the end of the day. Otherwise bluebells are what I would go for, too. :frown:

M'boy and I would like to get married at Blarney Castle, which has some of the most beautiful grounds I have ever seen:

Unfortunately, we are not Irish and it would cost way too much to go out there to get married, with our families in tow... and there's no way we'd sacrifice our families for a nice venue, heh.

That looks amazing :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending