What would be your ideal wedding? Watch

*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Enchanté)
That looks amazing :eek:
It's beautiful, isn't it? The grounds are quite honestly like something out of a fairytale - loads of old trees with twisted roots, and weird little rock tunnels and flowery groves and.. yeah.. it's awesome.

Ah well. Perhaps I'll win the lottery and get married there after all!
ßlαcksωαn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't care much about a million dollar wedding with all the frills. All I care about is the person I'm going to marry, in a nice church on a fine day with only the people we care about there. I don't see the point in spending thousands of dollars.
Enchanté
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pitseleh*)
It's beautiful, isn't it? The grounds are quite honestly like something out of a fairytale - loads of old trees with twisted roots, and weird little rock tunnels and flowery groves and.. yeah.. it's awesome.

Ah well. Perhaps I'll win the lottery and get married there after all!
It is beautiful I want to go there now and have a wander around :p:
I've always been one for lovely sites/places like that so amazing;yes;
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Enchanté)
It is beautiful I want to go there now and have a wander around :p:
I've always been one for lovely sites/places like that so amazing;yes;
Do it, do it, do it! It's Blarney Castle in Co. Cork, and if you go you get to hang upside-down really hig in the air and kiss the Blarney Stone, haha.

Hope you make it there some day!
EvilSheep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've always wanted a small wedding with only my closest friends and family.. Turns out that this will come to like 150 people!! :eek: (I have counted!!)
an_end_has_a_start
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmmm i'm going to put some real thought into this....

Dress: something like this probably in Ivory
Groom: something simple
Venue: Cave Castle
Church: where i was christened

I'd have around 3 or 4 bridesmaids
i'd have a sponge cake and a chocolate cake, i HATE fruit cake.
Honeymoon: St Lucia

ha its sad i've thought so deeply
OhNO!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If I could get married anywhere, it would be in the Chapel of the Blessed Kinga in Wieliczka, Poland. It's built in an underground salt mine, and it's beautiful. The whole chapel is carved entirely out of salt (well, rock salt), even the chandeliers!

In a vintage wedding dress, with a peony bouquet.
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ink)
My ideal wedding would be small and humble. To me, the important part is knowing someone cares enough to devote their life to me - not fancy dresses and spending thousands of pounds that could just as easily go towards a down payment on a house. It's too much. Weddings should be about the marriage, not the wedding day. I imagine I'm the odd girl out with this perspective though.
I feel the same way I am so glad someone else does too!

I just want to have a simple ceremony, small reception (with no boring speeches), then off on our honeymoon (that won't be cheap :P)
undercover agent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont think the details are particularly important
XPurple-PoisonX
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmmm...must go think, and chat with the boyfriend
Going to love me aint he
CHAMON
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
With a bride would be the aim.
Kätzchen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've not really thought about it in too much detail, I'm too young, and I doubt I could get anyone to marry me at this juncture.

All I know is that there's no way it would be in any way religious or traditional. I picture a beautiful [maybe rural] setting, with a few close friends. Under sakura trees in Japan would be magical.

The colour theme would probably be black, cherry red and dark purple.

I would have a princess cut dress in those colours.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Minimalism ftw.

Non-religious ceremony. I'll wear ivory (not white, I'll just look washed out). I don't mind what my boyfriend wears (we are planning to get married at some point but nothing's official yet). He usually has good taste though so I would be happy to trust him on that one.

Don't really care how I get there - my parents have nice cars anyway so they'd do :p: I'm also honestly not that bothered about having a hen night - I NEVER enjoyed the single life and so I don't see the point in lamenting its passing.

I'd like a really simple violin solo coming in, something joyful like an excerpt from Bach's Partita in E. Don't really want swelling orchestral stuff - as my boyfriend says, we're not extras in a Disney movie :p: ABSOLUTELY NO bridesmaids - they really are completely pointless. I don't see the point in shelling out £100 for a dress so they can stand around and do nothing. Sadly, my mum will probably make me have my sister as a bridesmaid :rolleyes: We get on really well and all but I just don't see the point. I wouldn't even want a train on my dress so she wouldn't even have anything to carry for me!

Close friends and family only. I can't anticipate us having more than 50 guests and even that seems slightly on the large side to me.

After that, hopefully just a small meal somewhere (though not in a restaurant, you can do that any time). Ideally it would be nice to have the ceremony in a hotel somewhere and then eat there. And then bog off on a nice spa hotel honeymoon in Italy with all the money I've saved from the wedding :p:
EvilSheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
See, the thing is, I've always said I'd have a small wedding, but when I counted (yes I know I'm sad!) it got to over 100 people. And that's just closest family/friends...
Angelil
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everyone has the Canon at weddings :rolleyes: Is that the only piece of classical music people know or something?
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
Everyone has the Canon at weddings :rolleyes: Is that the only piece of classical music people know or something?
haha yes, you should watch rob parovian's pachelbel rant.

edit: but in the defence of people that do have it, it's tradition. like a church or a big white dress.
Angelil
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've seen it before, but I likes it. Might watch it again actually
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
i love that piece of music though
Jabbamuffin
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
I guess whatever the wife wanted if I loved her enough to get married to her in the first place
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My boyfriend hates churches, so no chance of getting married in one of them. The guildhall in Plymouth is quite nice, failing that i'd like to get married on a ship (my boyfriends dad was in the Navy so he likes ships too). After that, pretty much traditional, long ivory dress, bridesmaids in dark red and cream, flowers match the bridesmaids (woe betide anyone who even thinks of having roses and my wedding). The only difference will be instead of the ususal wedding march i will have the fanfare that my dad wrote for my mum for their wedding. I'd also like a winter wedding, so my dress would either have a dark red cloak or a white faux fur wrap. I've recently been thinking of getting married in Sweden simply so i could have snow and a reindeer-drawn sleigh instead of a carriage or car.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1116)
78.93%
Leave (298)
21.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed