Will I get into 2nd year uni?? Watch

studentdude123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Basically...
I've got an exam tomorrow which I'm going to fail worth 70% of a module. I also have 0 in the other 30% so I'm probably going to fail this module badly, but I have at least a 2:1 in all my other modules so does anyone knot if I will get a chance to resit the failed module at the start of 2nd year?
My course is French studies if that makes a difference
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by studentdude123)
Basically...
I've got an exam tomorrow which I'm going to fail worth 70% of a module. I also have 0 in the other 30% so I'm probably going to fail this module badly, but I have at least a 2:1 in all my other modules so does anyone knot if I will get a chance to resit the failed module at the start of 2nd year?
Resits are usually in July/ August. They are usually capped unless you have extenuating circs. You should then be allowed to proceed.
CTLeafez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some universities allow a student to progress onto the next academic level IF they pass 100/120 credits BUT you will need to re-take the failed module and earn those 20 credits during your 2nd year. Not ideal to have a Level 4 exam alongside all your other Level 5 exams.
username280380
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My university would force you to resit the coursework and exam for August - I believe you need an overall average of a 3rd too...
Costalo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by studentdude123)
Basically...
They'll have you resit whatever you fail in July/August.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?