pizzalover101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I really need help guyss!!! I have been revising regularly all year but i did a past paper and only got a 52% and realised that im revising stuff thats not even in the exam papers.
Does anyone have any predictions as to what questions might come up so i can focus on those?

please please help me if you can because the exam is on tuesday (4 days away) and i need to get an A or i cant get into uni....thankyou so much!!!!
S_x_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pizzalover101)
I really need help guyss!!! I have been revising regularly all year but i did a past paper and only got a 52% and realised that im revising stuff thats not even in the exam papers.
Does anyone have any predictions as to what questions might come up so i can focus on those?

please please help me if you can because the exam is on tuesday (4 days away) and i need to get an A or i cant get into uni....thankyou so much!!!!
What do you think will be in the exam this year?
pizzalover101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by S_x_x)
What do you think will be in the exam this year?
honestly i have no idea im finding it difficult to make predictions for computing
RjIsRandom
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There will most likely be the following - standard algorithms, calculating file sizes (whether its audio, video or graphic), data types, spotting code errors, writing code/pseudo-code, identifying loops and their functions, complex sorting and searching, HTML and CSS - in which even the spelling of 'color' will have to be american to be correct, binary/hex/decimal conversion - this will not be binary to decimal and vice versa, that's nat. 5 level, two's compliment (including what m*b^e means), the waterfall model and other development technologies, database key types (compound and surrogate included), encryption key types (public, private, etc.), User interfaces, language types, some form of 'completing the following trace table' question, there could be an entity relationship diagram that you would have to draw, showing designs for queries and reports, what tags do in HTML and CSS, - including meta tags, parameter types, file/video/image/audio compression types, bus types, register types, the fetch-execute cycle, vector vs. bit-mapped graphics, client-side scripting and server-side scripting and also local vs. global variables. I know that seems like a lot, but each of these won't take that long to cover, and you still have three days to the exam!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (291)
65.54%
No (153)
34.46%

Watched Threads