I have to cover biology paper 1 in just over a week.

Watch this thread
Cod3tte
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
We recently found out we have upcoming mocks in all our subjects.
Our first is on 25th May 2018 and it's biology.
We've been studying paper 2 all year yet the test is on paper 1.
Apparently we've supposed to have done paper 1 content last year, but we didn't because we never had a stable teacher and supply teachers until the last term which was about 4 weeks.
This isn't just for biology it's for all the sciences and I'm really stressed about it.
What can I do?
jamesgillian123
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
revise??
Cod3tte
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by jamesgillian123)
revise??
I'm trying my hardest there's just so much content, any tips on how?
jamesgillian123
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cod3tte)
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...se+effectively
kimseokjin
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
If you still have time, get a CGP/Collins textbook and literally learn everything.
Or you could watch lots of videos from the 'freesciencelessons' channel, cause that guy is a g, and has literally done loads of videos on every science, whilst making it actually easy to understand.
Dirac_
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Apparently we've supposed to have done paper 1 content last year, but we didn't because we never had a stable teacher and supply teachers until the last term which was about 4 weeks.
This isn't just for biology it's for all the sciences and I'm really stressed about it.
What can I do?
Big whoop, I revised the whole of the first biology paper in 5 days for my actual GCSE
Cakecupcake
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stoneroses2828)
Big whoop, I revised the whole of the first biology paper in 5 days for my actual GCSE
Did ths same in less than a day and got lucky only the topics i revised came up hopefully at least 90% 😂😂😭
catastrophe—
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
They’re mocks, chiiiiill. Don’t stress.
Achilles1577
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What can I do?
Here's what i did as last minute revision (that paid off)
1) i made flash cards on required practicals
2) wrote summary notes on each topic if u have a CGP revision book its easier to do
3) did application questions only on stuff i did not understand
4) made a list of all formulae needed and crammed it

hope this helps
wills21
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What can I do?
Watch Primrose Kitten's biology paper 1 overview (just over an hour). Whilst watching, take notes on things you don't get.... Then go to freesciencelessons and watch his videos on those specific topics
EdexcelAreIdiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What can I do?
Try doing it at A-level, there's literally like 20x the content.

Print the spec off and make nice condensed bullet pointed notes. Or use freesciencelessons, he's good.
Achilles1577
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
do this for revising formulae, or general topics

1) get a piece of paper and for example you are revising to topic of stem cells
2) write out everything you know about it
3) then in a different colour pen write all the things u missed out and try again

It's tedious but it helps especially for revising formulas like
carbon dioxide + water ==> glucose + oxygen
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Make flash cards of key concepts. Buy the textbook and answer the questions in it.
Dubz29
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
It's defo gonna be questions from either savemyexams or physics and maths tutor. Go over the markscheme, and if u don't understand read over the textbook or watch a freegcsescience video. That guy is a don!
But it seems like ur in year 10, relax it's year 10 they don't give a **** unless u get a C or less. Even if you get low it is a god thing, teachers will focus on you at times, and you will defo do good in the end!!
Seriously enjoy the time u have and train your brain to recall ****, develop a skill, playing music or go to a club. Year 10 does not matter!!
Final advice: Go over everything quick, do the exams, when u get it back just look at the topics u lost marks on and work on them. Good luck1
Achilles1577
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What can I do?
use this : https://senecalearning.com/ and apparently learn 2x faster
Sunko02
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The way I revised for my GCSE biology (which was on Tuesday 16th May 2018) was I got the CGP Textbook and looked at what sections of the textbook covered each paper (Sections 1-5 for Paper 1 Biology). So, I got the most important parts from each page from sections 1-5 and copied it. I know this is hard work and maybe a bit of a long route, but it worked a treat for me and so I feel really confident about my Biology paper 1. Here it is by the way: https://imageshack.com/a/WXel/1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.43%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.1%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.95%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.24%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.62%

Watched Threads