Geography physical paper - volcano

Watch this thread
lara36
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can anyone tell me if my paragraph is right for a volcano i am currently doing my gcses and want to find out if its right before i go into the exam .

Attachment 746066
serpent666
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
A really good explanation! Your handwriting is really nice btw.
lara36
Rep:
(Original post by serpent666)
A really good explanation! Your handwriting is really nice btw.
Thanks 🙂
mrk9thedog
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The explanation is good, I would recommend mentioning the type of volcano that is produced and why.
As the magma at this particular destructive boundary is from melted oceanic plate, it has a high silica content, and is therefore very viscous.
I would mention that, as the magma breaks through the surface it erupts as viscous lava. This flows a short distance before cooling to form a steep sided volcano (stratovolcano or composite cone volcano) made up of alternating layers of ash and cooled lava.
lara36
Rep:
(Original post by mrk9thedog)
The explanation is good, I would recommend mentioning the type of volcano that is produced and why.
As the magma at this particular destructive boundary is from melted oceanic plate, it has a high silica content, and is therefore very viscous.
I would mention that, as the magma breaks through the surface it erupts as viscous lava. This flows a short distance before cooling to form a steep sided volcano (stratovolcano or composite cone volcano) made up of alternating layers of ash and cooled lava.
I think that is good what ur saying however its only worth 4 marks and i dont want to spend too much time on one question as i have a full paper to complete
mrk9thedog
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lara36)
I think that is good what ur saying however its only worth 4 marks and i dont want to spend too much time on one question as i have a full paper to complete
Of course, sorry i was unaware of the amount of marks. I've just included that because I had a similar question about volcanoes and wrote a similar answer. However, my teacher didn't award full marks as I didn't mention the volcano type
lara36
Rep:
(Original post by mrk9thedog)
Of course, sorry i was unaware of the amount of marks. I've just included that because I had a similar question about volcanoes and wrote a similar answer. However, my teacher didn't award full marks as I didn't mention the volcano type
Its okay ill bare your answer in mind if its like a 6 mark question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (62)
40.52%
They're exactly what I expected (36)