The Student Room Group

Are AS levels worth anything?

Currently doing my AS levels and don’t think I will do well in them as I have been depressed and such for a majority of the year. I want to go to college next year and do a Level 3 BTEC course in IT but want to know if this year has been a waste even if I do come out with Cs? Will AS levels count towards university or getting a job?
They only count toward the grades that your teachers will predict you for in A-levels next year, and they send off their predictions for universities to see.
Reply 2
Universities will have an AS grade requirement, not sure about job applications.
AS levels are relatively important for A level predictions whic universities make offers on as im sure you know, so in that regard they are very important. However, as youre going on to do a btec level 3 diploma, im sure unis will look to your most recent qualification to guage if you are accepted or not, so therefore making as levels not as important. Nnonetheless its still imortant to have the mindset of trying your best in them to get the best results.i know its hard to if your depressed and feel like there may be no point, but haveing a decent set of as levels and a level 3 btec qualification aaand a uni degree will definitely land you a good job my friend.
best of luuck
Reply 4
Original post by jcjw77
Currently doing my AS levels and don’t think I will do well in them as I have been depressed and such for a majority of the year. I want to go to college next year and do a Level 3 BTEC course in IT but want to know if this year has been a waste even if I do come out with Cs? Will AS levels count towards university or getting a job?

If you switch to BTEC and apply to courses that use BTEC, then I don't think your AS levels will matter. However if you're going to continue your A-levels to A2 then those AS grades would matter to universities and also to yourself if you want to get Bs or As. I have been in this position before so I can understand the panic. Just keep calm, if you think you're not going to do well (and this isn't just exam jitters) then just postpone doing your A-levels for next year and this time prepare from now for that. Moreover, if you think you're going to switch to BTEC then again just drop them and start at a sixth form/college for them. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by hilrho
If you switch to BTEC and apply to courses that use BTEC, then I don't think your AS levels will matter. However if you're going to continue your A-levels to A2 then those AS grades would matter to universities and also to yourself if you want to get Bs or As. I have been in this position before so I can understand the panic. Just keep calm, if you think you're not going to do well (and this isn't just exam jitters) then just postpone doing your A-levels for next year and this time prepare from now for that. Moreover, if you think you're going to switch to BTEC then again just drop them and start at a sixth form/college for them. Hope this helps :smile:

Nice. :h: How have you been? Guess who I am. :hi:
Reply 6
Original post by Clockrice
Nice. :h: How have you been? Guess who I am. :hi:

WW :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest