I find chemistry easier than biology, which science is the easiest for you?

Watch
Cod3tte
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Everyone who's done their science GCSEs has told me that biology is the easiest science.

But I was discussing the other day with my friends how I find chemistry easier and so did they.

Maybe it's because I've had more exposure to the subject.

What's the easiest science for you?
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In terms of AS, Biology.

If anyone does physics, they would know why physics turned my worst subject on Tuesday.

Chemistry is good and all, but unlike Biology, a lot of it doesn't match up during both AS and GCSEs. So many questions unanswered. Whereas biology is straight up logic.
Cod3tte
Rep:
?
(Original post by RickHendricks)
In terms of AS, Biology.

If anyone does physics, they would know why physics turned my worst subject on Tuesday.

Chemistry is good and all, but unlike Biology, a lot of it doesn't match up during both AS and GCSEs. So many questions unanswered. Whereas biology is straight up logic.
I'm not on AS.
I'm only on GCSE.
But is AS the same as A-Level or different?
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cod3tte)
I'm not on AS.
I'm only on GCSE.
But is AS the same as A-Level or different?
AS and A-level are different things. AS is year 1, while A-level is both year 1 and 2.

AS biology is basically your GCSE, but a bit extra, and harder questions. Overall, same thing.

Whereas chemistry, is a total change over, where you're told to "forget" some GCSE things.
Achilles1577
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Everyone who's done their science GCSEs has told me that biology is the easiest science.

But I was discussing the other day with my friends how I find chemistry easier and so did they.

well it all depends on your mindset , naturally people go for biology as it requires applied common sense, chemistry is mainly for those who go in depth into understanding topics whilst physics also widely regarded as '' just maths '' links the two components; understanding and logical reasoning (common sense) together

personally speaking im more of a biology person
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
At GCSE it was Chem, only because that was the only one we had a half decent teacher for.
HibbyLibby
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Physics I love and boys (I am gay!!!)!!!!
username2912782
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Physics cause it's just Maths.
EdexcelAreIdiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RickHendricks)
AS and A-level are different things. AS is year 1, while A-level is both year 1 and 2.

AS biology is basically your GCSE, but a bit extra, and harder questions. Overall, same thing.

Whereas chemistry, is a total change over, where you're told to "forget" some GCSE things.
The content for Bio is ok but the exam questions (new spec) is where is becomes a little more irritating.
Cod3tte
Rep:
?
(Original post by HibbyLibby)
Physics I love and boys (I am gay!!!)!!!!
What has physics got to do with boys?
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In GCSE I found chemistry the easiest and at A-level I also think it is my least hardest a-level,I think in biology it is harder to get the marks because of how specific it is and content heavy.I absolutely love a-level chemistry though so that is probably why it is less hard for me than biology.I don't do physics though-but I regret not doing it,should have done it as my 4th a-level or have done it instead of maths.
ohdearstudying
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think Chemistry is the "easiest" of three really hard subjects. I hate them all.

Thank god for English Lang and Lit I shall say!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Biology is the easiest science because it doesn't really require any thinking - you just memorise stuff (this goes for both GCSE and A Levels)

Chemistry has the easiest exams.

Physics is quite nice at GCSE and an absolute nightmare at AS.
EdexcelAreIdiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
In GCSE I found chemistry the easiest and at A-level I also think it is my least hardest a-level,I think in biology it is harder to get the marks because of how specific it is and content heavy.I absolutely love a-level chemistry though so that is probably why it is less hard for me than biology.I don't do physics though-but I regret not doing it,should have done it as my 4th a-level or have done it instead of maths.
^^
IsobelSnowdon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I think physics is really interesting, but I am better at biology. Chemistry is okay ish I guess. I am struggling to remember the equations for physics so I think I will do best in biology tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
16.4%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (31)
16.4%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
14.81%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (51)
26.98%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed