The Student Room Group

Feminism

Yh
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Tom_White
I hate feminism. Someone once told me a joke ‘what do you say when your wife gets hit by a bus’ to which he said ‘what was the bus doing in the kitchen’. I couldn’t agree more. If you are a girl you should stay in the kitchen. No exceptions, doesn’t anyone else agree?

In the words of Nikola Tesla:

“Now the soft-voiced gentle woman of my reverent worship has all but vanished, in her place has come the woman who thinks that her chief success in life lies in making herself as much as possible like man—in dress, voice and actions, in sports and achievements of every kind.”

"The world has experienced many tragedies, but to my mind the greatest tragedy of all is the present economic condition wherein women strive against men, and in many cases actually succeed in usurping their places in the professions and in industry, this growing tendency of women to overshadow the masculine is a sign of a deteriorating civilization. Perhaps the male in human society is useless. I am frank to admit that I don’t know, if women are beginning to feel this way about it—and there is striking evidence at hand that they do—then we are entering upon the cruelest period of the world’s history.”

"Our civilization will sink to a state like that which is found among the bees, ants and other insects—a state wherein the male is ruthlessly killed off, in this matriarchal empire which will be established the female rules. As the female predominates, the males are at her mercy. The male is considered important only as a factor in the general scheme of the continuity of life.”

This man never married in his life and become one of the greatest inventors. May he rest in peace.
Now I don't agree with the kitchen thing. Some of the women today are great role models. Look at Marie Curie or Florence Nightingale. If we had applied that rule to them, we wouldn't have some of things we have today. Women deserve the same rights as men. We are all human, and we deserve rights. Women are entitled to the same as men. This is literally 3rd wave feminism. Don't you think this is discrimination? If us women put this rule to men and said no your going to cook the meals then they wouldn't be happy. Why? Because it's diminishing their rights. Same way it dimishes our rights too.
Original post by Anonymous
Now I don't agree with the kitchen thing. Some of the women today are great role models. Look at Marie Curie or Florence Nightingale. If we had applied that rule to them, we wouldn't have some of things we have today. Women deserve the same rights as men. We are all human, and we deserve rights. Women are entitled to the same as men. This is literally 3rd wave feminism. Don't you think this is discrimination? If us women put this rule to men and said no your going to cook the meals then they wouldn't be happy. Why? Because it's diminishing their rights. Same way it dimishes our rights too.

You have more rights than a man. Men get longer prison terms, men have to pay child support, divorce courts are biased towards the men, men are the ones that are more likely to die on site when working the list goes on.

"If us women put this rule to men and said no your going to cook the meals then they wouldn't be happy. Why? Because it's diminishing their rights. Same way it dimishes our rights too."

The thing is that it's not diminishing their rights, rather its not in their biology/nature to be at home to cook the meals and look after the children. Rather its in their nature to go out and get the bread, millions of years of evolution has shaped men to be the hunters and the women to be the gatherers and you can't just go against millions of years of evolution.

This is the reason why women are more stressed and depressed than ever, because feminism has given them this false promise of being independant. A study was done that showed how 2/3 (66%) of American women prefer to be at home looking after the children and her husband. It's in their nature.
Reply 4
Original post by frabgas27
You have more rights than a man. Men get longer prison terms, men have to pay child support, divorce courts are biased towards the men, men are the ones that are more likely to die on site when working the list goes on.

"If us women put this rule to men and said no your going to cook the meals then they wouldn't be happy. Why? Because it's diminishing their rights. Same way it dimishes our rights too."

The thing is that it's not diminishing their rights, rather its not in their biology/nature to be at home to cook the meals and look after the children. Rather its in their nature to go out and get the bread, millions of years of evolution has shaped men to be the hunters and the women to be the gatherers and you can't just go against millions of years of evolution.

This is the reason why women are more stressed and depressed than ever, because feminism has given them this false promise of being independant. A study was done that showed how 2/3 (66%) of American women prefer to be at home looking after the children and her husband. It's in their nature.

But then you could argue that jobs, discoveries, pleasure from hobbies is wrong for both genders because that's not how are ancestors lived. Evolution shaped them that way for survival, but you don't need this for survival now. Mothers are naturally better at caring for children - that was their role then when the young needed to be protected. But now we have civilisation and society has changed drastically
Reply 5
I happily declare that I'm an advocate of 2nd Wave Feminism, I support it.

2nd wave Feminism fought for true equality, true rights and general balance between the opportunities for man and woman. Modern Feminism dissapoints me, it is a radical and vile political agenda that aims for nothing but liberal control over Politics. The evidence is simply in the videos and marches, it is vile, not presentable and doesn't appeal to the general public - The changes that they attempt to push are often not accordingly integrated into social views and dear God, if someone disagrees with them - They immediately pull the race/bigot/homophobe card straight away. They aim for nothing but the reduction of free speech with signs often saying: "Free speech is hate speech".

It's vile and I do not support it. I don't think that we need additional pronouns, universal toilets, public payments for sex changes and liberal propaganda in order to fight "unequal pay". Which I would also argue that is exaggurated for the purpose of propaganda. By law, it is illegal to pay women less - I believe it is down to career choices.

Quick Reply

Latest